cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Aspiring Contributor
Message 11 of 30

Re: Wireless Printing (or lack of it) Post Upgrade to Infinity

Go to solution

Ok told you I was not techy,  how do I access print set up utility to make this change?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 12 of 30

Go to solution

@LornaMLeonard wrote:

Ok told you I was not techy,  how do I access print set up utility to make this change?

I am not sure, without trying to find the online manual and seeing if I can find the correct page.

I will see what I can find out, but there should be an option to use manual network settings, probably under an advanced option.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 13 of 30

Go to solution

If you look at step 5 on the following page, it tells you how to setup a static IP address.

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?objectID=c02790693&lang=en&cc=us&conte...

0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 14 of 30

Go to solution

Ok website is not coming up as described but now have following on trouble shooter

your computer appears to be correctly configured by the device or resource 192.168.1.70 is not responding  - detected

Problem with wireless adapter or access point - detec

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 15 of 30

Go to solution

The bit I am referring to is.

1. Set a Manual IP : Your wireless router automatically sets an IP address within a specific range (called the DHCP range). If you know what the DHCP range is, set an IP address in which the last set of numbers is outside that range, but no higher than 254. Keep the first three sets of numbers the same. If you do not know the DHCP range, select a fairly high IP address, like 250 (again, for the last set of numbers). To learn about your router's DHCP range, contact your Internet Service Provider (ISP) or wireless router manufacturer.
    2. Set subnet address : Use 255.255.255.0, unless you know that it is different, in which case you should use that number.
    3. Set the gateway address and the first DNS : Enter your router's IP (can be found on the network configuration page or the wireless network test report).
        NOTE: Leave the second DNS field blank.
  1. Click Apply . The screen will not refresh. If you changed the HP product's IP address from what you typed into your Internet browser, you will have to type in the new IP address to access the HP product. If you did not change the HP product's IP address, wait 30 seconds after clicking Apply, and then click the Refresh button in your browser.

Where it says to enter the IP address, use 192.168.1.50.
    And the rest says.
    1. Print another network configuration page (or wireless network test report) from the control panel on your HP product to verify that the product's IP address is what you assigned.
    2. Turn off the wireless router. If the wireless router does not have a power button, disconnect the power cord on the router to turn it off.
    3. Press the Power button ( ) on the HP product to turn it off.
    4. Turn the wireless router back on. If the wireless router does not have a power button, reconnect the power cord to the router to turn it on.
    5. Press the Power button ( ) on the HP product to turn it on again.
    6. If you changed your HP product's IP address in step 4, then there might be an additional step needed, depending on your printer model (this step applies only to Windows users):
      1. Locate the HP folder:
        • Windows XP
          Click Start ( ), click All Programs , click HP , click the folder for your HP product, and then look for an item called Update IP address .
        • Windows Vista or Windows 7
          Click the Windows icon ( ), click All Programs , click HP , click the folder for your HP product, and then look for an item called Update IP address .
        • If the Update IP Address entry is not present, then no additional steps are required.
        • If the Update IP Address is present, click it and enter the new IP address that you entered in step 4.

Apart from what is described there, I cannot suggest anything else, unless its an issue with your computer settings or computer firewall, which is stopping it communicating with the printer.

0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 16 of 30

Go to solution

Hi yes I understood that , but what I am not getting is the screen in which to make the changes.

the instructions say enter the IP address in to the address box of internet browser and a website for the product will come up it doesnt

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 17 of 30

Go to solution

Are you entering the current location of http://192.168.1.70

Make sure there is no www in front.

0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 18 of 30

Go to solution

yes that is exactly what I am entering. 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 19 of 30

Go to solution

@LornaMLeonard wrote:

yes that is exactly what I am entering. 

Then I don`t know why you cannot see the setup screen, have you tried a different web browser?

Otherwise, all I can suggest is to restore the printer to factory default, and see if you can see the screen afterwards.

I assume that you must have reset it to factory default before trying to connect it to a different router?

0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 20 of 30

Go to solution

Hi I have already tried this a couple of times , no change I am afraid and I have now also tried different browser.

Well thank you very much for all your efforts , trust me to find a problem we cant fix

Thanks again

0 Ratings