Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 21 of 30

Re: Wireless Printing (or lack of it) Post Upgrade to Infinity

Go to solution

I am sorry I have not been able to help any more, its one of thos things that is easier to sort out, when its in front of you.

At least you can still use it over USB, and perhaps share it from a computer, provided you do not mind leaving the computer on, so other people can access the printer.

0 Ratings
Guru
Message 22 of 30

Go to solution

Do you by any chance use Norton Internet Security on your network?  (the OP)

0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 23 of 30

Go to solution

Not any more I deinstalled it and use windows security now.

0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 24 of 30

Go to solution

Hi ya 

After sending an email to complain to BT they came back and told me to change the channel on my Hub , this is done by accessing the hub

Then going to settings & wireless , change the channel number , they recommend 1,6,or 11 but there are many of them.

Basically once I changed the channel , left it a couple of minutes I could then see my printer on my network, all I had to do then was right click on the printer icon and install, and then the printer was seen in the printer devices section and now I can print wirelessly.  

Thought I would drop you a note to let you know in case you come across this again.

Thanks

0 Ratings
Beginner
Message 25 of 30

Go to solution

Hello, I'm having exactly the same trouble with my HP3050 since upgrading to Infinity.  Have tried changing the channel as suggested - to no avail.  My printer still says wireless is off, have tried to turn it on again and it does change to 'wireless on' but cant seem to connect to my wireless network.  HP help pages and installer software keep telling me to plug a USB cord between printer and laptop to send the network settings to the printer, trouble is my printer doesn't have a USB outlet so I'm stuffed!

I'm at my wits end having tried everything I've read about so far!  Any suggestions gratefully received.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 26 of 30

Go to solution

The spec for a hp3050 says there is a usb2 connection

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 27 of 30

Go to solution

I would suggest that you uninstall the printer from your computer then re-install it and set it up as per the instructions. If not using the WPS button, use the wireless passkey not the admin password when asked to enter the wireless password.

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c02501466.pdf

As regards the USB connection. According to the instructions and the specs it does have a USB connection where the power cord is plugged in to the printer.

0 Ratings
Beginner
Message 28 of 30

Go to solution

Thanks, have already re-installed twice but can't get any further than the 'USB' instruction - I haven't been asked to answer any passwords or anything.  My printer has an odd-shaped socket near the power cord but it doesn't fit - nor look like - any USBs that I have so I've no idea what it's for.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 29 of 30

Go to solution

Is there an option on any of the menus on the printer to set the wireless passkey manually?

This might help, it suggests auto wireless setup times out after 120minutes from initial setup and reverts to USB configuration.

**Edited**

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 30 of 30

Go to solution

The USB socket is there and it requies a cable like this

0 Ratings