cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LeeMcF4
Beginner
Message 1 of 15

Wireless Problems

Ok, well first of all I have the BT HomeHub 2.0 and I have tried changing the wireless channel many times. The problem is that all wireless devices will connect the the hub but I cannot access the internet. Ethernet works fine (using it now). If I turn the Hub off and on it will work for about an hour or so and then just stop working until I turn it off and on again. 

I have also used a pin to reset to default and I get the same outcome as turning off and on. 

This has only started happening yesterday so I am confident nothing new has happened to interfer with the signal. Can anyone help? 

0 Ratings
14 REPLIES 14
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 15

Re: Wireless Problems

are you an infinity user ?
0 Ratings
LeeMcF4
Beginner
Message 3 of 15

Yes sir.

0 Ratings
Guru
Message 4 of 15

Why do you not have a HH3?

If this helped you please click the Star beside my name.

If this answered your question please click "Mark as Accepted Solution" below.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 15

Ok you may be suffering from HH 2 problems this link may help http://forumhelp.dyndns.info/hardware/hh2/hh2_issues.html you are obviously an established infinity user if you are using the HH 2 as they were from the early days of infinity

it may be worth while  trying to replace the HH2 with  an HH3 i suggest calling the help line  and  trying to get a relacement 

0 Ratings
LeeMcF4
Beginner
Message 6 of 15

That's what BT provided me with. I have been using Infinity for almost 2 years now with that Hub with little problems until recently. They never mentioned or provided HH3.

0 Ratings
LeeMcF4
Beginner
Message 7 of 15

I'm guessing BT would not provide them free if I complained to them directly? If that is the case and I do have to purchase a new router I think I would rather buy a 3rd party one.

0 Ratings
Guru
Message 8 of 15

Probably not, have you renewed your contract or?

0 Ratings
LeeMcF4
Beginner
Message 9 of 15

Contract was renewed a few months ago when I upgraded to Infinty 2 for the speed upgrade. Not sure how that would help though. 

0 Ratings
Guru
Message 10 of 15

You're entitled to a HomeHub 3, just ring BT up and explain, though lets say the call centre doesn't have a very good technical knowledge for some reason. So it may be quicker and definetly less hassle to contact the mods though it will take at least 3 days to get a response and delivery time of the hub to come in the pub.

0 Ratings