cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dougcoull
Contributor
Message 1 of 14

Wireless Wifi Power Socket Problem

Looking for some help as I can't get my Wireless (Silver Crest) Wifi Mains sockets to connect to the Hub 6.

All worked until I upgraded from Hub 5.

I've split the wifi channels - didn't help. Changed the Mode and tried 1,2, and 3 - didn't help. Now reset to initial config.

I'm not the most technical with Hubs so please bear with me if I'm being a bit dumb.

One thing I've taken from the Event Log - "A device <AC:CF:23:2B:94:60> failed to connect to SSID (Device/WiFi/SSIDs/SSID[WL_PRIV2G]) because it provided incorrect login information.

Now this shows when the Wifi socket is plugged in, and no longer shows when it's unplugged, so wondering if this shows the problem?

But as the unit is a dumb device with no ability to change login details I'm stuck.

Any help appreciated.

TIA.

0 Ratings
13 REPLIES 13
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 14

Re: Wireless Wifi Power Socket Problem

have you reset the wireless code on the devices since changing hubs
0 Ratings
peter-d-w
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 14

@dougcoull wrote:

Looking for some help as I can't get my Wireless (Silver Crest) Wifi Mains sockets to connect to the Hub 6.

All worked until I upgraded from Hub 5.

I've split the wifi channels - didn't help. Changed the Mode and tried 1,2, and 3 - didn't help. Now reset to initial config.

I'm not the most technical with Hubs so please bear with me if I'm being a bit dumb.

One thing I've taken from the Event Log - "A device <AC:CF:23:2B:94:60> failed to connect to SSID (Device/WiFi/SSIDs/SSID[WL_PRIV2G]) because it provided incorrect login information.

Now this shows when the Wifi socket is plugged in, and no longer shows when it's unplugged, so wondering if this shows the problem?

But as the unit is a dumb device with no ability to change login details I'm stuck.

Any help appreciated.

TIA.

There should be a way to change the login details. Google for the setup manual of the wifi plug if you have lost it. Some of the Silvercrest plugs have a phone app to control them.

0 Ratings
dougcoull
Contributor
Message 4 of 14

Thanks for the response.

There is no means to reset any codes I'm afraid - I have reset the plug as per instructions in the user manual on numerous occasions but it hasn't helped.

0 Ratings
dougcoull
Contributor
Message 5 of 14

Thanks for the response.

I have the manual and no way to change any login details.

There is only one button on the device and it's hold for 10 seconds to reset, or 5 seconds to activate it.

0 Ratings
peter-d-w
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 14

Have you tried using WPS?

0 Ratings
dougcoull
Contributor
Message 7 of 14

The unit doesn't support WPS I'm afraid.

I did try it out of desperation but to no avail.

0 Ratings
peter-d-w
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 14

What does it say in the manual about connecting?  If is a wifi extender there was to be a way of setting it up with a password.

0 Ratings
dougcoull
Contributor
Message 9 of 14

It is NOT an extender.

I've explained the instructions earlier.

0 Ratings
valleysboy16
Contributor
Message 10 of 14

@dougcoull wrote:

It is NOT an extender.

I've explained the instructions earlier.

This type of socket normally has to be set up via a smartphone app, and logon details are entered via the app.

But given the other threads on here regarding difficulties connecting various bits of kit (gramafone, chromecast audio, etc.) to a smarthub, this may not get you very far....

0 Ratings