cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RobbieDunn
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

Wireless connection problem (Random homehub disconnections)

Hey,

I am running windows on my mac using bootcamp but during gaming I frequently experience connection losses. These losses only last for around half a minute to a minute before reconnecting, only to repeat the process 5 minutes later; this is very destructive to my gaming.

I have tried various solutions and looked on different forums yet nothing has begun to prevent the losses of connection. I have changed the wireless channel to prevent interference, updated my wireless card drivers on bootcamp and many others.

Also, before I connect to the wireless network; when I am looking at it in the available wireless networks window, it shows an excellent strength connection however when I actually connect to the network I receive a low / very low internet connection; could this be a problem? I also sometimes experience connection losses on my mac when bootcamp is not running, which suggests that the problem is not related to the bootcamp programme?

Please get back to me,

Thanks.

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: Wireless connection problem (Random homehub disconnections)

try downloading istumbler if MAC and then run it. I know you have changed the channel but this will show the broadcasting networks round about you and their channels including your own. Then enter your router and change your wireless channel to a free or less congested channel.

if you have hh2 then you could try changing from b/g/n to just b/g

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
RobbieDunn
Beginner
Message 3 of 6

The signal of my current router is only around the early 30s, is that a sign that I need to relocate the router or this computer?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 6

sorry I run windows so have never seen istumbler.  usually from the pc inssider the higher the graph the better the signal.  are there any other networks on same channel as you?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
RobbieDunn
Beginner
Message 5 of 6

Nope I have chosen an empty channel, still got the problem 😕

It seems to be much more prominent on the bootcamp area.

On the mac it still reads it as a high internet signal

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 6

have you tried changing the hub from b/g/n to just b/g?

0 Ratings