Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
andy_finlayson
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 7

Wireless connection to mobiles

Go to solution

Hi there,

I'm having some trouble with the new BT infinity wireless connection for the mobiles in the house.

Using the HH3.

Wireless connection between the 2 laptops in the house is fine and the wired connection fine.

However keeping a connection on the mobiles is struggling.

On my iphone 3gs i can connect to my wireless network and shortly after will be disconnected and join a neighbours bt openzone network which gets me to a splash page. Basically useless.

The same happens on my housemates HTC desire.

If i stare at the wireless light on the HH it will occasionally blink, this times in with the phones disconnect.

The log seems to be useless because all it shows is the connections not the disconnections

The HH is located in the exact same spot the router was when i was on virgin previously and had no problems whatsoever, (with the local network, the overall connection was poop). This old router seems to have bricked itself somehow and is not available to test with.

Is this a common fault?

Can i replace the HH with another router? for instance a D-Link 825?

I don't hold much stock generally with generic ISP supplied kit so replacing the router isn't really a problem as it's kinda expected.

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: Wireless connection to mobiles

Go to solution

have you tried changing the wireless from b/g/n which is the default to just b/g?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
andy_finlayson
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution

yes i've already reluctantly set it to b/g

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

the HH3 is supposed to change channel automatically to avoid conflict with other networks.  maybe you can try manually selecting a free channel or at least away from neighbours channel.

try downloading inssider2 (istumbler if MAC) and then run it. This will show the broadcasting networks round about you and their channels including your own. Then enter your router and change your wireless channel to a free or less congested channel.

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
andy_finlayson
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution

i can see the channels in use locally from a D-Link usb dongle app.

I've had it on channels 1 and 2 for the last few days after the problem persisted on channels 6, 8, 11

Edit: could someone please clarify as to whether the HH3 can be replaced by an alternate router off the shelf or is the home hub somehow required to be used?

0 Ratings
andy_finlayson
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

bump for simple answer

Could someone please clarify as to whether the HH3 can be replaced by an alternate router off the shelf or is the home hub somehow required to be used?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution

you can replace the HH3 with a cable router off the shelf - many have I think

0 Ratings