cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Sage
Message 241 of 276

Re: Multiple devices on wifi

Go to solution
Your IP profile is low you need to now maintain a stable connection for 3/5 days for your profile to rise automatically
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 242 of 276

Go to solution

just as I expected the profile is still based on previous connection speed and will increase automatically but you need to stay connected 24/7 for 3/5 days maybe sooner for profile to rise

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
artik
Aspiring Contributor
Message 243 of 276

Go to solution

ok - thanks very much.

once the 3 days are up - what should I see in the profile?

Is it worth continuing to use the develo ethernet & wireless plugs?

Do I need to make any changes to the ports - should I stay with the automatic or change it?

0 Ratings
Guru
Message 244 of 276

Go to solution

The IP Profile will automatically increase, but it's very important not to turn off or restart the router.

Come back in 3/5 days with a speedtest showing your IP profile and ADSL stats.

You shouldn't need to do anything, if there are still problems post back here.

If this helped you please click the Star beside my name.

If this answered your question please click "Mark as Accepted Solution" below.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 245 of 276

Go to solution

at present I would just leave everythig as it is until you get profile to correct figure  see here

check profile

once the profile is ok then repost your router stats and then see if we can get your connection speed better by reducing your noise margin to nearer normal 6db

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
openwm
Aspiring Expert
Message 246 of 276

Go to solution

it might not be internet speed might be the drop in connection rate to modem. the more items you add to network the connection halfs so for example 

100mbps connection to modem 

2 items wireless get 50mbps each to modem 

3 items half again so all get 25mbps to modem 

and so on more items after 2 half speed to modem 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 247 of 276

Go to solution

at present it is the internet download speed is low due to profile still at previous value prior to doubling connection speed.  once profile is correct then can see if we can get noise margin down to nearer 6db which will bring connection speed nearer that expected for attenuation.  that will give more download speed to spread around the devices.

I agree the more devices using the bandwidth the less each will get but the higher the download speed the more there is to share about

0 Ratings
artik
Aspiring Contributor
Message 248 of 276

Go to solution

Hi - After the 3 days I have taken the readings and added them below - 

FAQ

Results Image not loaded

1. Best Effort Test:  -provides background information.

Download  Speed
 2.43 Mbps

0 Mbps7.15 Mbps
Max Achievable Speed

Download speedachieved during the test was - 2.43 Mbps
 For your connection, the acceptable range of speeds is 0.6 Mbps-7.15 Mbps.
 Additional Information:
 Your DSL Connection Rate :3.39 Mbps(DOWN-STREAM), 0.45 Mbps(UP-STREAM)
 IP Profile for your line is - 2.5 Mbps

If you wish to discuss these results please contact your Broadband Service Provider.

If you are experiencing problems with specific applications, servers or websites please contact your Broadband Service Provider for assistance.

Your test has completed please close this window to exit the performance tester.

Screen Shot 2013-02-25 at 05.57.01.png

I look forward to your feedback.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 249 of 276

Go to solution

your profile is now correct for your current speed and should be giving you a faster download speed than before.  if you are still connected to the test socket, the quiet line test is still quiet and you have read link to RogerB post about things that can cause noise problems then to get speed increase you now need to contact the mods to get your noise margin reset to 6db.  this will increase your connection speed which will increase your profile and therefore your download speed.

contact mods

can take up to 3 working days for mods to contact you

0 Ratings
Highlighted
ramones112
Contributor
Message 250 of 276

Re: Wireless Internet keeps dropping

Go to solution

This can be a common issue with Windows Vista. There is something called Vista Lag which is when it decides to search for wireless connections every 2 minutes which causes the connection to drop for a few seconds. There is a way round this by downloading a small programme called Vista Anti Lag (VAL for short). This prevents it from searching for new wireless connections to keep a stable connection between your computer and your router. I hope this helps anyone.

0 Ratings