cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 31 of 276

Wireless internet keeps dropping

Go to solution

Hi, I wonder if anyone can help me. I have two computers set up to the internet through the BT Hub, one through ethernet, one wireless. No problems at all with the ethernet connection. The wireless connection keeps having its internet connection dropped. I'll be using it fine, and then it suddenly stops working, Vista has a little exclamation mark over the symbol representing the network, and tells me there's limited connectivity. 

The curious thing is that it still seems to be connected to the network, just not the internet. I go downstairs to the other computer, and it can connect to the internet fine, so it's obviously something with the wireless connection that's the issue, but what I don't know.

Anyone got any ideas as to why it should be connecting to the hub, but not the internet?

Thanks for any help you can offer.

0 Ratings
275 REPLIES 275
smezec
Message 1 of 276

Wireless cutting out.

Go to solution

Hi,

My flat mate is occasionally unable to connect to our wireless Internet because it rejects the password.

My laptop is always able to connect to it via the LAN, but it is far less consistent for my flat mate. He is constantly coming home only to find that the password that worked in the morning is no longer giving him access in the afternoon.

When we turn the router off then on again it temporarily works fine, but eventually goes back to its old ways.

We aren't doing anything to the router that would make it change like that, any idea what the deal is?

Cheers

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 276

Re: Wireless cutting out.

Go to solution
More likely to be interference from another wireless router on the same channel. This can corrupt the signal and cause connect failure.

Try setting the router to a different wireless channel.
hamish72
Recognised Expert
Message 3 of 276

Go to solution

Download Inssider for free from   http://www.metageek.net/products/inssider/download    it will show you any wifi that could cause problems and the channel they use just pick a free one

If any post helps tick the star box on the left
Just cause Im paranoid dont mean they are not out to get me

0 Ratings
smezec
Message 4 of 276

Go to solution

Cheers guys, how exactly do I change the wireless channel?? I know there are lots of other BT hubs in this area so if I can change it hopefully that will help that aspect.

Though now the internet just seems to cut off every now and then for fun. The blue Broadband light on the router goes off and eventually fixes itself. Pretty annoying though.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 276

Go to solution

you can change the channel by entering 192.168.1.254 in your browser and enter hub manager.  then go to wireless turn off automatic and then manually change channel to a free/less congested channel

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
hamish72
Recognised Expert
Message 6 of 276

Go to solution

http://bthomehub/w_config.lp?be=1&l2=0&l0=2&l1=0      and pass should take you straight there

If any post helps tick the star box on the left
Just cause Im paranoid dont mean they are not out to get me

0 Ratings
DGT12
Message 7 of 276

Wireless connection to PS3

Go to solution

Can anyone help? I am trying to reconnect my PS3 to wireless connectivity and it keeps saying key information timed out WPA may not be correct. I am able to connect my wii and computers wireless. It has worked previously but recently had a problem with broadband that's now been fixed.

0 Ratings
Shand359tbe
Beginner
Message 8 of 276

Re: Wireless connection to PS3

Go to solution
I am assuming that u are connecting thru a HomeHub? Normally they are WEP not WPA.........try selecting WEP instead and inserting your wireless key this way. Hope it helps.....
0 Ratings
DGT12
Message 9 of 276

Re: Wireless connection to PS3

Go to solution
Have checked the back of my home hub and it is WPA when trying to check internet connection it states IP address failed. Am able to connect via ethernet cable but don't want to do this in the long term. Am getting very frustrated!
0 Ratings