Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 276

Re: Wireless connection to PS3

Go to solution

Is the info here any help? PS3 wireless

If you are using a different home hub than you were using before, you may have to remove any existing wireless connection on the Ps3, and start again.

Some wireless networking remembers the MAC address of the access point, and if that changes, it will not connect, even though the SSID and key are correct.

Also check, if you have a black hub, that the access control is not disabling the PS3.

0 Ratings
Malacath
Expert
Message 11 of 276

Go to solution

@Shand359tbe wrote:
I am assuming that u are connecting thru a HomeHub? Normally they are WEP not WPA.........try selecting WEP instead and inserting your wireless key this way. Hope it helps.....

No the home hub 2's use WPA

0 Ratings
paulouk
Aspiring Contributor
Message 12 of 276

PC will not connect to BTHub3 by wireless.

Go to solution

New to BT Total BB and trying to connect my PC, running  Win XP Pro, to the hub by wireless.

I see the Hub radio network on the 'Choose a wireless network box'  I select it and press conect, a box opens to entry the key.  I enter key and confirm and press conect and it says connecting to network but does not.  It eventually times out without connecting.

I have checked the key and it is correct (same as on hub label and also in the hub itself)  Have tried BTs help program but that is useless!!

My laptop, running Win 7, connects ok.

Any help or suggestions would be much appreciated

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 13 of 276

Re: PC will not connect to BTHub3 by wireless.

Go to solution

There may be an issue with your wireless adapter in your PC not liking WPA2. Try changing the wireless encryption on your home hub to WPA only.

If that fixes the problem, then you may wish to see if there are any updated drivers for your wireless adapter on your PC.

I have exactly the same problem with an old Belkin PCMCIA wireless adapter on an old Acer laptop.

Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 14 of 276

Go to solution

you can also try changing the wireless in the hub from b/g/n to just b/g

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
paulouk
Aspiring Contributor
Message 15 of 276

Go to solution

Hi Keith, thanks for that.  Have changed hub setting to 'WPA only' and it connected straight away. 

I could not find a new driver for the WAN so am leaving the hub set to 'WPA only', think that is sufficient in my location.  Any thoughts on that?

Thanks also to imjolly.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 16 of 276

Go to solution

I could not find an updated driver for my Belkin card as it was very old. WPA is still very secure provided the wireless key cannot be guessed, so I would not worry.

I am pleased that you have it working now.

0 Ratings
robo878
Expert
Message 17 of 276

Go to solution

WPA2 is the most secure, but WPA was the most secure a couple of years ago. So don't worry. Just don't use WEP, that is very unsecure.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If my answer was helpful, please give me a star by clicking the star on the left hand side.

Thank you.
0 Ratings
toonman
Message 18 of 276

Go to solution
Please only use wpa security. Check how many devices are using h hub wireless. I had same issue, found that 2 b berry phones, 1 Iphone, upto 3 lap tops, I pod touch and a wireless photo frame using my hub manager!! (all my household) I closed all wifi devices down bar my lap top to monitor situation. Restarted h hub reset ps3 then set up wireless network as normal (easy set up) .... hey presto no more ps3 connection issues. Why the hub kicks out the ps3 when maxed to the limit i dont know amd why my lap top only gets 39mbps were as my son gets 104mbps is a wonder to me. The xbox is flawless with all wirless connections in household. BT h hub2 sucks with ps3.

0 Ratings
lakisc
Aspiring Contributor
Message 19 of 276

BT Infinity Wireless Problems

Go to solution

Hi,

I've had this problem for a couple of month now, but just havn't had the time to get it sorted, but it's getting very annoying now.

The wireless keeps dropping constantly, about 4 or 5 times a day, it happens to laptops, phones, ipads, ps3 etc. in my house.

I have a desktop computer and that always works fine, and my laptop is now also connected by ethernet so that I can type this. Sometimes it can be fixed by switching the wireless adapter on and off from my laptop, or by changing the wireless channel, but sometimes I have to restart the router, and in any case, this only fixes it for between half an hour and 2 hours.

I've been reading on the forums, and it seems like this is an issue with a lot of BT Infinity Routers, is there a fix to this?

Thanks.

Tags (3)
0 Ratings