Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 271 of 276

Re: Wireless problems. Home hub 3

Go to solution

Is your wireless connection dropping on all your devices or just one in particular?

EDIT: Oops just noticed you said all devices.

Have you tried a factory reset of the Homehub by pressing a pin into the recess button on the rear for about 20 seconds. this can often sort out wireless problems.

0 Ratings
rjharte
Message 272 of 276

Re: Wireless problems. Home hub 3

Go to solution

bedders01 - sounds a bit like the issues I was having. I bought a new router for £20, seems to have bypassed the problem (http://community.bt.com/t5/Other-BB-Queries/Re-Home-Hub-3-and-wireless-access-points-plugged-in-to-t...

0 Ratings
mgarvey
Message 273 of 276

Re: Home Hub 5 Wireless internet keeps dropping iPhone

Go to solution

Yes I talked to BT for hours.  I even demanded they sent me another HH5 or I'd leave them as they insisted there was nothing wrong with it. Anyway they were right in the end but they didn't get me out of the wireless dropping issues with all our family devices so I knew it couldnt be all the devices???

But I was left to fend for myself.?!?

Turn off HH5 and (Take Out The Power Lead).

I did this over night but it may 'not' take as long as this to clear it out. I just made sure.

Get ethernet cable and connect directly to your hub using 192.168.1.254/ 

Dont use the red connection on the HH5 !!

IMPORTANT: 'Clear the Cache' from your browser preferences!!

Make sure your browsers cache is cleared ie. does not have any old BT HH5 page in it.

I used another browser to make sure I was talking to HH5 without any old browser info. I'd had issues with the browser retaining previous info? I knew this because eveytime I tried to talk to HH5 it always had my previous password even though I'd told it to reset itself and I'd reset it from the WPS button for 15 seconds etc etc.

When HH5 it is cleared it will show you the default pass.

The Admin Password is the default pass which is on your little card tucked in the HH5. If you don't see the default admin pass you've not quite got it cleared it yet. Try again! Don't give up!!! Remeber your on your own here!!!!

Put all your own personal prefs back in again and you should be done.

Hope this helps as it worked for me. Believe me it was driving me nuts

Good luck

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 274 of 276

Re: Home Hub 5 Wireless internet keeps dropping iPhone

Go to solution

Hi mgarvey, welcome to the forum. I'm sure your answer is a good one but just in case you did not notice this thread is two years old and was complaining about the Homehub 3 not the Homehub 5 which is what you have so you may not get a reply.

0 Ratings
camerojo
Message 275 of 276

Re: Wireless internet keeps dropping

Go to solution

@john46wrote:
Also try changing to wireless b/g rather then b/g/n.

john46's solution worked for me immediately. Brilliant!!! Random dropouts were driving me crazy and making me wish I had never upgraded to the new BT hub. No problems now.

Obviously BT's hub has problems with the new Wireless N. The default is to use it. However you can turn it off as john46 suggests.

BT can save themselves a lot of grief with their users by not turning Wireless N on as a default until they know they have got it properly working.

0 Ratings
camerojo
Message 276 of 276

Re: Wireless internet keeps dropping

Go to solution

@john46wrote:
Also try changing to wireless b/g rather then b/g/n.

Worked for me immediately. Random drop outs were driving me crazy and making me wish I had never upgraded to BT's new hub.

Clearly the new hub has problems with the new Wireless N - which unfortunately is enabled by default. BT can save themselves a lot of problems and reputational damage by just changing the default so that Wireless N is not enabled - at least until they have fixed the bugs. 

0 Ratings