Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 81 of 276

Re: Slow wireless connection - BT Home Hub 3

Go to solution

Well, if you read through the forum you will find that wireless problems are very common. WiFi works on an unlicenced frequency band which is shared by many different devices, so is subject to all sorts of interference.

It fine for web browsing or e-mail, but not usually for streaming media, unless you have a good signal, and every device is wireless "n" capable.

0 Ratings
alien
Message 82 of 276

Wireless link ok but no internet access

Go to solution

I have a BT Home Hub 3 physically connected to a PC which has full internet access. When I connect to the hub  via wireless it is saying that there is no Internet access available.

What am I not doing?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 83 of 276

Re: Wireless link ok but no internet access

Go to solution

have you disconnected the cable before trying wireless?

can you see your hub ssid in wireless networks available?  if so try and connect then enter the wireless password which is on pullout in hub

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 84 of 276

Go to solution
0 Ratings
alien
Message 85 of 276

Go to solution
I am using two different PC's. One is a desktop which is physically wired to Hub and that works fine. The other is a laptop which connects via wirless perfect but the link is saying no internet access available
0 Ratings
glynstacey
Aspiring Contributor
Message 86 of 276

Wireless

Go to solution

After my previous query regarding wireless card not picking up HH2, a question.

I had Infinity installed on monday and very pleased I am too. But, the same wireless card that wouldn't pick up HH2 wouldn't pick up HH3. It would pick up a Netgear, Talk-Talk, Virgin and Btfon but, not the hub that was about 15' away. My tecky took it back and it connected to about 6 hubs but, again no Bt hubs, but only a BTfon.

My question is this. I assume that the frequency of the hubs are all governed by set specs, so how come the BT hubs seem to have a frequency outside of the card specs in my clunker? My tecky says it's 'bizarre!' and a friend who knows an awful lot about TV and wireless is completely baffled.

Any thoughts?

Glyn.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 87 of 276

Re: Wireless

Go to solution

have you tried checking the manufacturers website for an updated driver for you network card.

if you card is not 'n' rated have you tried changing the hub from default b/g/n to just b/g?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 88 of 276

Go to solution

See Wireless Help

The most likely cause is that your wireless card cannot cope with WPA/WPA2.

glynstacey
Aspiring Contributor
Message 89 of 276

Go to solution

Thank you for that you two! G.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 90 of 276

Go to solution

I assume from your nice comment that you managed to get it to work

0 Ratings