cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 7

Wireless ipad connection

Can anybody help, I've just bought an ipad and I cannot get wifi connection to my BT hub. I don't know if it's relevant but my wife has an iphone and is connected and the IP address in her wifi settings is different from the one showing in my ipad settings, we have tried changing the address in the ipad with no sucess.

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: Wireless ipad connection

can your wifi on the ipad see the ssid of the hub?  if so can your select and then try and connect?  if so it will look for a password which is either the one on the back of the hub or on pullout if HH3 or your own if you changed the default

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 3 of 7

Thanks for that but I'm not very technical - what's the SSID and HH3?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 7

sorry

HH3 is your BT router home hub version 3

ssid is the hub broadcast identification which identifies it as your router

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 5 of 7

The Wi-Fi recognises the homehub and the "choose a network" box has a tick against the hub number. There is also a padlock against it.

When I hit the blue arrow the IP address is not the same as the iphone IP.

Can the IP address on the ipad be changed?

Do I have to get into the hub and alter something? If so I cannot remember the password (I agree - what an idiot). I could go back to the factory default setting and start again but would that solve my problem do you think?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 7

the ip address will be different   can you not get password from iphone?

do you have a pc which you could connect to the hub with a cable?  if so just connect and then enter 192.168.1.254 into your browser then enter password then go to wireless.  you should be able to see the wifi password.  if you can't then resetting hub back to factory settings will let you use default on back of hub

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 7 of 7

I have been on to the Apple help line and they have suggested that I - switch off the hub; reset the network settings on the ipad; turn WiFi off; reboot the hub; turn the WiFi back on; put in the wireless key and then hit "join". I have done this at least 6 times - no joy. Does this sound a viable solution?

In an earlier suggestion you suggested connecting the hub to the computer by wire - it is already connected by wire. I am running an iphone from the hub already but cannot connect the ipad. Having tried all solutions suggested so far could the wire connection offer a solution that I have not tried yet?

Your time is appreciated

0 Ratings