cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 21 of 59

Re: Wireless keeps dropping out even with a brand new home hub !!

I know what you said about wanting to use 'n' but have you tried to change to b/g to see if that does cure the problem.  That way you would know that it's not the wireless that is the problem but the b/g/n

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 22 of 59

@imjolly wrote:

I don't know if there is a new router for infinity.

According to this post by Titanic - http://community.bt.com/t5/BB-in-Home/BT-Home-Hub-3/m-p/99661#M52508 - the hub 3 works on adsl AND InfinitySmiley Surprised

-+-No longer a forum member-+-
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 23 of 59

just a wait and see thenSmiley Wink

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 24 of 59

@ Imjolly, aye we should know soon...

@MandiMoon, there is another infinity user currently having problems (may be worth a read) - http://community.bt.com/t5/BB-in-Home/New-Infinity-install-great-so-far-except-for-dodgy-HH-wifi/m-p...

-+-No longer a forum member-+-
0 Ratings
MandiMoon
Contributor
Message 25 of 59

@imjolly wrote:

I know what you said about wanting to use 'n' but have you tried to change to b/g to see if that does cure the problem.  That way you would know that it's not the wireless that is the problem but the b/g/n

I dont even have any G adapters now ! Grrrrr

But if the b/g/n is at fault its still teh wireless ! It should work with N ! You need N for the speed on infinity else.... whats the point ?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 26 of 59

the 'n' adapters will be backward compatible so will work with 'g'  if that works it may then be the 'draft N' that is the problem

0 Ratings
Highlighted
MandiMoon
Contributor
Message 27 of 59

@DS wrote:

@ Imjolly, aye we should know soon...

@MandiMoon, there is another infinity user currently having problems (may be worth a read) - http://community.bt.com/t5/BB-in-Home/New-Infinity-install-great-so-far-except-for-dodgy-HH-wifi/m-p...

Thanks.... I added to that one yesterday ! Another one the same and totally un-solved 😞

0 Ratings
MandiMoon
Contributor
Message 28 of 59

@imjolly wrote:

the 'n' adapters will be backward compatible so will work with 'g'  if that works it may then be the 'draft N' that is the problem

Oh I see... .so just change the setting on wireless to B/g and leave the N ? Worth a try next time it drops out..........watch this space

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 29 of 59

yes just change router to b/g and leave the adapters - they will sort themselves

0 Ratings
planetf1
Expert
Message 30 of 59

Yep the other thread was me! -- There are a lot of apparent wifi issues. Obviously a lot of customers, and can be a variety of factors, but my gut feel is that the current sw/hw level is fundamentally flawed..

0 Ratings