cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MrGrumpy
Contributor
Message 41 of 59

Re: Wireless keeps dropping out even with a brand new home hub !!

well after phoning up support a few weeks back with similar issues of wireless dropping out and the hub doing a reset on its own. I was asked to reset to defaults which I did then after configuring wireless password etc. It lasted about 2 weeks before exhibiting the same problems again. In fact this morning just watched it reset itself again :s Think i`m going to swap it out with my Linksys wrt54g, just to prove or disprove its the hub.

0 Ratings
MandiMoon
Contributor
Message 42 of 59

I wish I had another router to try !

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 43 of 59

Hi MandiMoon

Hmmm, there's some errors that I've never seen before!!Smiley Surprised

meiRunAdslModem: Running ADSL modem firmware fail!

mei_ioctl: meiRunAdslModem() error...<3>mei_ioctl:

mei_ioctl:

It might be worth asking a mod to look at them?

Possibly send out a new hub as the one in use appears to not want to take a firmware update

email - forum.moderation.team@bt.com

They'll need your name, account number and a link to this thread (or better still, your post)

-+-No longer a forum member-+-
0 Ratings
MandiMoon
Contributor
Message 44 of 59

Thanks ! Have done.... will let you know 🙂
0 Ratings
caradog
Beginner
Message 45 of 59

Mandimoon. I've been there and done all that. Exactly the same probs. Had new HH2, tried ssider, different channels, security settings etc etc.

No problems using wireless before HH2! Took the leap and bought new Netgear router (I'm on infinity and yes it works fine with BT modem). Magic! No problems since changing routers. Conclusion? Forget the red herrings and change the router. Yes it cost me £39.99, but well worth that to stop the hassle of losing connection and dealing with BT help desk, who by the way cleared my fault each time after dealing with, but never once checking to see if it was in fact cleared. I was promised return calls on 3 occasions but never had one.

I have read on another thread that if you keep on enough you may hold out for a HH3 or even get reimbursement for a third party router. Personally I couldn't stand the hassle and found £40 well worth it to move forward.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
MandiMoon
Contributor
Message 46 of 59

Hmm yes.... I see your logic there.... But I really do resent spending out £££ when BT are supposed to be offering a service that isnt working properly.

I emailed the mods and had no reply....

But thank you.... I may well bear this in mind before I blow a brain fuse lol

0 Ratings
planetf1
Expert
Message 47 of 59

ou are right to be frustrated. just try and report the issue, explain whats happening, listed to requsts for info. keep calm but keep pushing gently to get a fix. hopefully you will get there.

0 Ratings
planetf1
Expert
Message 48 of 59

also see if you can check with multiple wifi devices and also try those same devices on another wifi router

Tags (2)
0 Ratings
MandiMoon
Contributor
Message 49 of 59

Luckily... I can do that easily as I am allowed access to next doors WiFi and everything connects to that ! And its a really crappy router lol
The most frustrating thing is that I wrote to the mods here and heard nothing from them either ! GRRR
0 Ratings
Moderator-Retired
Message 50 of 59

Hi MandiMoon,

I have had a look through our email queue but cant see anything there from you.

Could I trouble you to send again please?

Ta

Craig

BTCare Community Mod

If we have asked you to email us with your details, please make sure you are logged in to the forum, otherwise you will not be able to see our ‘Contact Us’ link within our profiles.

We are sorry but we are unable to deal with service/account queries via the private message(PM) function so please don't PM your account info, we need to deal with this via our email account :-)”
td-p/30">Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.

If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings