cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MandiMoon
Contributor
Message 11 of 59

Re: Wireless keeps dropping out even with a brand new home hub !!

"""you can get cheap ethernet hubs which will provide the additional ports. Lots on EBay"""

Oh ! I didnt know that !! Can you show me what exactly I need  please ?

And as they are used for gaming mainly.... would the power (bandwidth) be reduced from the hub ?

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
Somerled
Aspiring Expert
Message 12 of 59

Like this - http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Netgear-Fast-Ethernet-Hub-FE104-/160531798160?pt=UK_Computing_NetworkingHubs_R...

Just search Ebay UK for "Ethernet Hub"

More info at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ethernet_hub

The LAN bandwidth won't be reduced - you won't even notice.

0 Ratings
MandiMoon
Contributor
Message 13 of 59

@Somerled wrote:

Like this - http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Netgear-Fast-Ethernet-Hub-FE104-/160531798160?pt=UK_Computing_NetworkingHubs_R...

Just search Ebay UK for "Ethernet Hub"

More info at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ethernet_hub

The LAN bandwidth won't be reduced - you won't even notice.

Brilliant thanks !! I'll hunt down something like that (if not that one)

Still need to sort the wireless tho ! Can't wire everything can ya 🙂

0 Ratings
MandiMoon
Contributor
Message 14 of 59

My wireless is still dropping several times a day ! We have tried every channel and moved the home hub so different locations !

How can I get my hands on the new HH 3 without spending 3 hours on the phone to India ? Any Ideas ?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 15 of 59

you can't as there is another post which says that they will not be available until the end of January

can you not borrow another router just to check that it is the hub that is causing the wireless dropouts?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
thorin59
Beginner
Message 16 of 59

I had the same problem until I changed the Wireless Interface Type to 802.11/b/g, a bit of a drag if you have "N" adapters but resetting the Hub every day was doing my head in. ;-).   I had tried 2 Infinity Hubs as well, maybe "N" is more susceptible to interference as it goes further, (just guessing in an uninformed way).

Good Luck

T

0 Ratings
MandiMoon
Contributor
Message 17 of 59

@thorin59 wrote:

I had the same problem until I changed the Wireless Interface Type to 802.11/b/g, a bit of a drag if you have "N" adapters but resetting the Hub every day was doing my head in. ;-).   I had tried 2 Infinity Hubs as well, maybe "N" is more susceptible to interference as it goes further, (just guessing in an uninformed way).

Good Luck

T

Thank you... but theres no way im changing back from N ! Ive just spent over £100 on N adapters !!!

0 Ratings
MandiMoon
Contributor
Message 18 of 59

@imjolly wrote:

you can't as there is another post which says that they will not be available until the end of January

can you not borrow another router just to check that it is the hub that is causing the wireless dropouts?

Well we never had problems with our HH until just a couple of weeks ago.  Its very odd.

Thats what I meant... about getting the HH3 at the end of the month.  Not NOW lol

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 19 of 59

just noticed that you are on infinity but the HH3 referred to was a router/modem for adsl so I don't know if there is a new router for infinity.  As you have only had the infinity router for couple of months you could always try and get a new one claiming that your one is faulty

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
MandiMoon
Contributor
Message 20 of 59

@imjolly wrote:

just noticed that you are on infinity but the HH3 referred to was a router/modem for adsl so I don't know if there is a new router for infinity.  As you have only had the infinity router for couple of months you could always try and get a new one claiming that your one is faulty

We just got our 2nd one on Monday and it has the same issues !!

On another thread... I had read that BT updated their firmware ! I wonder if mine needs a new firmware ! But it looks although you cant do it yourself and you have to get BT to do it directly which means another 1 hour call to India GRRRR

0 Ratings