cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Beginner
Message 1 of 3

Wireless signal keeps dropping out / going slow - Master Socket Move?

I have Openreach Modem & BT HH3 and a Netgear extender. The Master Socket is in my kitchen situated behind Microwave oven with the only option of the route and modem to sit on top and although the oven isn't used regularly I am getting continual drop outs of signal across a range of devices.

In the house are a Panasonic Smart TV, 2 Macs, 1 Macbook, 4 Ipads, 4 Iphones, PS3 & 4 and hardwired Hue lighting bridge. Ipads and phones work ok. Macs have trouble connecting after start up from sleep. 

Also the signal to the TV at the other end of the house drops out all of the time when streaming programs / films from iplayer, Netflix. 

My questions:- 

Should I arrange for the Master socket to move away from the kitchen into the middle of the house - if so how do I organise this?

Would it preferable to upgrade to a newer BT Hub or other router instead or as well?

Any other tips please?

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: Wireless signal keeps dropping out / going slow - Master Socket Move?

Welcome to this user forum.

These may help.

http://www.shop.bt.com/mini-sites/connected-home/home-hotspots

These genreate their own wireless signal which devices can connect to, they also have two Ethernet ports, so you could connect the TV to one of them.

Its probably worth getting the one that has two extra hotspots, as its difficult to add an extra one later.

Changing the home hub is unlikely to make much difference, and may give you extra problems.

0 Ratings
Beginner
Message 3 of 3

Re: Wireless signal keeps dropping out / going slow - Master Socket Move?

Thanks for reply. Will try.
0 Ratings