cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Neil8568
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

Wireless signal

Have BT infinity 2 and all has been going well until yesterday. My wireless signal has become ridiculously weak. It has got to the point that I can only use wireless on my laptop if I set next to the Hub. Same problem with Kindle and mobile phone. As soon as i stray out of eyesight the signal drops right off. I have tried all the fixes offered to no avail. Any help much appreciated.

Also downloaded the desk top help which says it cant run as not supported by my operating system yet its a Windows 8 laptop?

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
michaelkenward
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 5

Re: Wireless signal

You probably need to tell people what modem/router you have.

Which HomeHub, if that is what you use?

The router delivers the wireless, not the wires that come into your premises.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 5

That was a lucky break that BTDesktop Help wouldn't run on your computer. You do not need it and it can cause problems on some computers.

What homehub do you have?

Is it only on wireless that you have a problem?

If it is download, install and run inSSider. It will show you the wireless channels and which one your Homehub is on. You want to find the channel with the least congestion, ie. least number of users. Once you have that you need to change your homehub onto that channel. This will also have the benefit of turning off "smart wireless" on the homehub.

See link for insider

http://www.metageek.net/products/inssider/

See link how to change channel on homehub

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/14094

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 5

Should have said, before setting a wireless channel try a factory reset of the homehub by pressing a pin into the recess button on the rear for about 20 seconds and see if that helps. It can often sort out wireless problems. If it doesn't help then try selecting a channel as per my previous post.

0 Ratings
Neil8568
Beginner
Message 5 of 5

Thanks for that - its a Homehub 3

0 Ratings