Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
champ1970
Aspiring Expert
Message 11 of 15

Re: Wiring a Master Socket Face Plate

Go to solution

Orange/white should be your incoming line ( green/black is usually spare for 2nd line )just connect orange ( A ) to no.5 and white ( B ) to no.2

0 Ratings
peterhood
Beginner
Message 12 of 15

Go to solution

I,m afraid I don't have a white cable. My four are Brown Blue Orange & Green. This is definitely the master socket, but it is in a purpose built flat if that makes any difference. The flat was built in the early 1970,s. Any GPO people around from that era who may be able to help?

0 Ratings
Deathtrap3000
Recognised Expert
Message 13 of 15

Go to solution
Blue and orange to 2 and 5. Others aren't used.
0 Ratings
Richgleams
Beginner
Message 14 of 15

Go to solution
Hi I have Mk3 face plate in my hallway working fine. I have 5 extension phone which I would like to make into Mk3 how do I wire them up. At the back of mk3 there is only A&B I have bought all Mk3 now but I tried to wire them all up just using the Orange wire into A and white into B but I don't get any dialing tone in any rooms. I wanted to move my router another room instead of it being by my front door. How do I wire up the Mk3 to all 6 rooms please?
0 Ratings
Devon_Dave
Distinguished Guru
Message 15 of 15

Go to solution
You would only have one main socket that has a front plate on your system (this is the one supplied by Openreach) all the other sockets on the system are standard extension sockets which do not have face plates. I suspect you have purchased the
incorrect type.
(If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
0 Ratings