Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
runner_bean
Contributor
Message 1 of 3

Wiring changes for BT Infinity

Go to solution

I can now order BT Infinity in my local area and as my current ADSL2+ contract runs out in June I want to get prepared for a possible upgrade.  But I have a question about how a move to Infinity could affect my internal wiring.

Some while back I installed an ADSLNation ADSL faceplate splitter in my study, connected back to the BT NTE5 socket, which is in my kitchen (don't ask why!), with the bell wires lifted to improve performance.  Further phone extensions in the house are cabled to the phone outlet of the faceplate splitter.  A HomeHub2 connects to the broadband outlet of the faceplate splitter using a screened RJ11 cable.  This arrangement works really well with my current ADSL2+ service.

My question is:  If I upgrade to BT Infinity can I continue to use this arrangement?  Installing a new faceplate splitter in the kitchen is not on for a whole raft of reasons and what I have now gets a broadbnad signal to my study very reliably and with higher speed than many of my neighbours can achieve.

Any guidance much appreciated and apologies if I am asking a question others have already posed.

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: Wiring changes for BT Infinity

Go to solution

Your current arrangements will work just fine for Infinity. Nothing needs to be changed.

0 Ratings
runner_bean
Contributor
Message 3 of 3

Re: Wiring changes for BT Infinity

Go to solution

Many thanks for the prompt response!

0 Ratings