Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
homeradio
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

Wiring to Hub 5

Go to solution

My BT hub 3 is upstairs and I feed various rooms via ethernet cables,I was interested in Infinity last year but found I needed to have the Hub near to the modem and master socket.Decided against as I would need to rewire to downstairs and was not

practical.Is the situation the same with the Hub 5 as I read that you do not need an external modem.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: Wiring to Hub 5

Go to solution

The HH5 needs to be connected to the master socket. Presumably you have your HH3 connected to a phone extension socket. If so, you could possibly get your telephone extension changed to be your master socket if that would suit your needs better.

homeradio
Beginner
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

Standard telephone cable connects from the master socket up stairs to another BT socket and then to the hub

and has always worked okay with no problems, but wanted the same configuration for Infinity if possible.

0 Ratings
legitimise_sailing
Distinguished Expert
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution
Infinity 1 is available for self-install which would allow you to install it in the same way.
Infinity 2 is engineer-install and the engineer can either convert your extension socket into the master socket, or provide a data extension to let you have the Homehub where you want.
However, the cowboy contractors that Openreach often use are sometimes unwilling to do anything other than the bare minimum.
--
To say thanks for a helpful answer, please click the white star