cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nahrum
Beginner
Message 1 of 17

Wish I'd gone with Talk Talk

Has any one had similar problems of it taking almost two weeks for a new broadband connection to work after the date that BT said it would? I've been all round the houses and racked up a massive phone bill trying to sort this out! It's finally connected now, but I've been paying for a service since earlier this month that I can only now use! Just wondered if anyone's had any luck getting refunds with a similar situation? I only went with BT because I'd read such terrible things about Talk Talk's customer services even though they were half the price. Now I don't see how they could have been any worse! If anyone reading this is considering whether or not to go with BT, I'd say just go with the cheapest option, which probably isn't going to be BT. Well I've put in a complaint anyway, let's see what they say!

0 Ratings
16 REPLIES 16
toekneem
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 17

Re: Wish I'd gone with Talk Talk

Glad you are now connected, and I am not saying that BT retail your ISP is the best out there but they are certainly not the worst.

"Quote" from March 2012:

TalkTalk has once again attracted the most complaints of any internet service provider (ISP), the fifth quarter in a row it has done so, with six complainants in every 10,000 of its customers, according to Ofcom.

A lot of the problems might be down to Openreach and you would most likely still have the same problems if you had gone with TalkTalk as Openreach do the work for them as well.Smiley Wink

toekneem

(EASBF)

0 Ratings
davem44
Contributor
Message 3 of 17

Ring billing and they will refund the non service dates I have had this a few times and always got a rebate as for talk talk dont even start me about them we moved to bt from there service and our speed quadrupled over night thats witjout the reasons we moved in the first place

0 Ratings
Gonemad1
Contributor
Message 4 of 17

I am not saying that BT retail your ISP is the best out there but they are certainly not the worst.

"Quote" from March 2012:

TalkTalk has once again attracted the most complaints of any internet service provider (ISP), the fifth quarter in a row it has done so, with six complainants in every 10,000 of its customers, according to Ofcom.

A lot of the problems might be down to Openreach and you would most likely still have the same problems if you had gone with TalkTalk as Openreach do the work for them as well.Smiley Wink

That's not what Ofcom & BBC1's Watchdog are saying as of 31/10/2012.

"BT have four times as many complaints as their nearest competitor."

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 17

@Gonemad1 wrote:

I am not saying that BT retail your ISP is the best out there but they are certainly not the worst.

"Quote" from March 2012:

Does this mean that BT are more open to complaints than other ISPs?

There was a provider a few years ago whose first response was along the lines "how can we help to improve our excellent service?"

0 Ratings
Gonemad1
Contributor
Message 6 of 17

Gonemad1 wrote:

Ribblelancs wrote:

Does this mean that BT are more open to complaints than other ISPs?

There was a provider a few years ago whose first response was along the lines "how can we help to improve our excellent service?"

Lol. Obviously NOT, not when customers are feeling it necessary to approach tv programmes & ofcom for help!.

0 Ratings
Jonkarra
Expert
Message 7 of 17

I'm guessing that the reason that BT has more complaints then talk talk which has a higher number of customer complaints per 10,000 of its customers is due to BT having a lot more customers, if BT have 3 times the number of customers even if the rate of complaints per 10,000 customers is half that of talk talk's, BT will have still have the most complaints. If you look long and hard enough I'd be suprised if you couldn't find a disgrunted user or ex user of any ISP, the only really fair way to compare is the number of complaints per a population of users. Ordinarily that would be expressed as a percentage but 6 out of 10,000 is 0.0006% or something like that ?

0 Ratings
toekneem
Distinguished Guru
Message 8 of 17

@Gonemad1 wrote:

"Quote" from March 2012:

It might have something to do with the NUMBER of customers against the number of complaints, but here is a nice little coloured chart for you to peruse.

http://media.ofcom.org.uk/2012/09/26/latest-phone-broadband-and-pay-tv-complaints-revealed/

toekneem

(EASBF)

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 17

In reply to Toekneem,

Yet more room for debate probably. Thanks for the link to the OFCOM statistics.

The statistics don't show anything too dramatic for BT except for the fact that there's no mention of BT Mobile, or have I missed something? There does seem to be a general trend towards a reduction in the number of complaints, which suggests that providers are improving their responses to customer comments / complaints.

There's a lot of high drama for Watchdog though.

Is SKY pay TV a satellite service and is BT Vision an internet service? How can they compare on an equal footing?

I'm going to Virgin. But there's a slight problem - we can't get it here!

0 Ratings
pottyperson
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 10 of 17

@Ribblelancs wrote:

there's no mention of BT Mobile, or have I missed something?

BT don't provide the network. It's Vodafone.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings