Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 1 of 8

Wish to cancel under 14 day policy, sent message no contact 24hrs later

Go to solution
I wish to cancel under the 14 day policy and filled in the cancel form yesterday and 24hrs later I haven't heard a thing. How long can I expect to wait to be contacted?
0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 8

Re: Wish to cancel under 14 day policy, sent message no contact 24hrs later

Go to solution

deleted by poster

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 3 of 8

Go to solution
https://www.productsandservices.bt.com/consumer/terms/mobile.html

Point number 5.

Or from the order confirmation email....

A note about cancelling
From the day after you order your service, you've got 14 days to cancel without being charged for ending your contract early. But you'll still need to pay for what you use during that time.

If you want to cancel, call us on 0800 800 150 or use the online cancellation form which you can search for in the Help section at bt.com

If you decide to cancel after 14 days, but before the end of your minimum term, you'll need to give us up to 30 days' notice to leave. You'll also need to pay a charge for each month left of your minimum term because you're ending your service early. Find out more at bt.com/termcharges
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 8

Go to solution
If you have not heard anything by tomorrow I would phone the number you posted

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 5 of 8

Go to solution
I will call the number but it makes the online form pointless if no one responds.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 6 of 8

Go to solution

If I need something done urgently and want confirmation its being actioned asap I will ring a company. However if I don't mind waiting I will email or complete an online form. The same goes for my company, calls take priority over emails or online forms.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 7 of 8

Go to solution
@jam2000 that is understandable. I have just had a call and have now cancelled. If BT Mobile allow tether I will be back and a 30 day plan is my preferred option with the rapidly changing mobile market.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 8 of 8

Go to solution
If you have already called the company and been given a duff answer. Then at very least a traceable answer via an online form makes better sense. e.g. I wanted to cancel on day 14. I was put through to see if I could be offered anything better to retain me for the full 1 year SIM only contract. This was not possible and I asked for my contract to be cancelled as it was day 14. I was given a PAC code and told to get it activated on that day (day 14) to avoid being in contract for the full term taken out. This is not possible as I was not going to see a SIM from an alternative supplier within 2/3 days. However my view is that the advice is in contradiction to the consumer protection of a 14 day cooling off period. It surely reduces this to a 10 day cooling off period, at which point you need to hope everything else runs quickly with an alternative supplier getting a new SIM card to you and you activating your PAC code before day 14 is up. I am perfectly happy to pay for the first month (and for any non-inclusive use within that period), but not to be handcuffed to a deal because it is not clear (at point of sale) how the rules of exit will be played out.
0 Ratings