cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 21 of 39

Re: Work from home and just moved house, really slow internet and cutting out.

I 100% have two.

One in the living room which is not working which go outside up along the side of the house to the line then to the telegraph pole.

The working one next to the front door which go into the dividing wall between myself and my neighbours then outside up the wall to the telegraph pole.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 22 of 39

what I would expect is the outside line conencted to terminals A&B on the master socket then 2 wires from terminals 2&5 on the master detachable faceplate then conencted to terminals 2&5 in your extension socket

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 23 of 39

this may help  http://www.kitz.co.uk/adsl/socket.htm

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 24 of 39

Ok I see. I only have wires going to A&B but nothing on the front plate in 5,3,2. It still seems I have two master sockets.

Here is the image of the front plate. https://www.dropbox.com/s/mlvu1swniyk23nm/2014-05-22%2015.08.48.jpg

but I have no extension boxs to where 532 would go to.

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 25 of 39

you should not have 2 master sockets on same line  do both test sockets work?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 26 of 39

As previously said the one in the living room doesn't work but the one next to the front door works, which is where the router is plugged into the test socket.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 27 of 39

as there does not appear to be any wires conencted to front of master in hall have you any idea where the wires connected to the livingroom socket go/come from?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 28 of 39

Yes, it go directly out side up along the side of the house meet up with the wires from the front door master socket and both wires go to where the telephone pole connects to the house.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 29 of 39

ok so could that have been a totally separate phoneline and has nothing to do with the other master in the hall?  hence why it no longer works

Highlighted
Beginner
Message 30 of 39

That would be my guess.

0 Ratings