Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jarsc
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 36

World of Warcraft latency?

Hey 🙂

Posted this onto the the Blizzard Tech support forums earlier today, still waiting for a response!

Hello.
I have had a strange problem for quite a while now which has been really frustrating. having researched as much as I can (exhausted my knowledge, which is limited) I'm at a loss as to the solution!
In game my latency readings, most of the time, are between 25-35 for home and world, yet when I enter raids I'm getting severe input lag and slowdown. I have cleaned the cache, interface & WTF folders, yet this persists. Also upon lowering the game settings from high (reccomended) to good, fair & even low has no impact!
I have also noticed a certain addon (Quartz) that gives a tolerance according to my connection, so casts can be smooth, is showing a tolerance of 200+ sometimes 300-400ms. Yet according to the game I'm sitting pretty with 25ms.

Any help would be really appreciated, thank you in advance.

I have followed most, if not all, of the fault finding processes to try and eleviate myself of this annoying persistent problem. This post here, is more of a pre-emptive strike, as the typical theme is "contact your ISP!

I have run trace routes to the Blizzard servers and also a pathping, So I have this information, if required. 

Any help would be welcomed with open arms.

Jarsc 🙂

0 Ratings
35 REPLIES 35
ray_dorset
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 36

Re: World of Warcraft latency?

Which modem are you using?
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
If you found this post helpful, please click on the star on the left
If not, I'll try again 🙂
0 Ratings
jarsc
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 36

Home Hub-5 Type A

0 Ratings
ray_dorset
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 36

Can you post your helpdesk data from the HH5 please? These are in Troubleshooting/Helpdesk on the web interface at http://192.168.1.254 or http://bthomehub.home or http://bthub.home

Please miss out any data you don't want to post

If not, I'll try again 🙂
0 Ratings
jarsc
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 36

Pardon my ignorance, what data would be considered private?

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 36

The data from lines 1 to 12 is sufficient. There is nothing there which would be considered a security issue or private that can not be posted on a public forum.

0 Ratings
jarsc
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 36

1. Product name: BT Home Hub 2. Serial number: +068343+NQ43240944 3. Firmware version: Software version 4.7.5.1.83.8.204 (Type A) Last updated 21/01/15 4. Board version: BT Hub 5A 5. DSL uptime: 0 days, 06:11:07 6. Data rate: 916 / 15642 7. Maximum data rate: 1121 / 15726 8. Noise margin: 6.3 / 6.1 9. Line attenuation: 13.9 / 33.7 10. Signal attenuation: 13.9 / 31.9 11. Data sent/received: 28.4 MB / 230.8 MB 12. Broadband username: bthomehub@btbroadband.com

0 Ratings
ray_dorset
Distinguished Guru
Message 8 of 36

Oh, that's quite a long line. Which exchange are you connected to?
If not, I'll try again 🙂
0 Ratings
jarsc
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 36

I live in a rural area and suppose I'm quite fortunate to have infinity, yet prior to Christmas I was on 2mb broadband and played WoW  flawlessly up unti about September, I believe this is when the problem started.

In hindsight I should have corrected it then, but I chose to take a break from gaming instead. 

We'll get there 😉   I'm connected to Hurley, in North warwickshire.

0 Ratings
ray_dorset
Distinguished Guru
Message 10 of 36

You may be impacted by the chipset in your HH5A being unable to cope with the G.INP on your Huawei cabinet. If you had a device with a Broadcom chipset you would probably be getting the benefit of low latency but unfortunately your HH5A will default to Interleaved.

If not, I'll try again 🙂
0 Ratings