cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 8

Worst couple of weeks and still dropping

I am going to say Hello to everyone before I rant.

Now I know things can go wrong, damage, theft, weather, all I understand.

However Bad Customer Support is not understandable at all.

First when it all started ie issues with my BT FTTC I phone the BT helpline up - to have to listen to the prerecording of "if you are having issues did you know most of them can be resolved by going to our Internet site" and this was after selecting I wish to complain about the Internet / fault on that line.  When I did get talking to a human they were reading from a flow chart of resetting the Openreach Modem and BT Home Hub3 serveral times to be "theres an issue on the line" REALLY What the Hell - getting customers to waste their time resetting kit to be then told that its a fault at the providers.  and was told it would be resolved in 2 hours - ofcourse it wasnt and still isnt resolved- kept phoning up every 3 hours to be told and treated the same way by staff who dont care and dont have the skills to resolve the issue.  

anyhow the next day phone them up again to complain and got speaking to tech support again (werid I wish to make a complaint of the service that i am paying for and not getting - but you want me to do your work for you again for the 30ish time even though you know you have a fault on your side)  ofcourse when through the same flow chart again to be told HAVE YOU DONE THAT (at each instruction) four times - I really wish I replied " NO I HAVE BEEN EMAILING OFCOM AND TRADING STANDARDS ON MY IPHONE about this incident" really what why is it for a Customer REP to ask HAVE YOU DONE THAT AGAIN AND AGAIN when the customer has already replied YES.

Getting back on track now - the rep was able to see that there was still a fault on the line and promissed a Teir2 person would phone me back before I got a chance to advise a time that would be best to phone he had already booked the callback and hung up.  (they have my mobile and landline numbers - as I got a text message from them on my mobile)

anyhow next day came and the Teir2 Rep phoned the house - the person was advised to phone back after 6pm and the Rep Agreed to this- anyhow Still waiting on this callback

It just seems that once they get you into a contract they dont care as they can get your money. 

Just to let you all know Still having FTTC Blackouts and when it comes back Dailup is faster.  

I am going to raise a complaint to Trading Standards and OFCOM about this incident

I am also planning to go down the legal route to see if I can cancel my contract eariler as BT hasnt been keeping their end of the agreement - ie I pay you money and BT you provide me FTTC.

I just seems that every so often they are adverting on the TV as the Best provider and their HomeHub3 is the best in the world - aye if you count all the security holes in it that can be used for them BT or a HACKER to Telenet into your private Lan at home.  Then again nothing would suprise me at this stage they get your money as a customer and money from Taxes ie £1bn public subsidy for one project not to forget any of the other funding they have received over the years.

Worst Company for Customer Support wish I never signed up.  Only 6months left so If they dont correct their issue I will not be allowing a rollover in contract that is if I am still stuck to them because I couldnt cancel the contract for not providing.

Sorry for the Ranting Thanks for reading.

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Message 2 of 8

Re: Worst couple of weeks and still dropping

I know your pain, Im already yearning for my old plan with sky, half the cost half the speed. twice the actual internet performance and ten times better customer service.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 8

Hi TJT

Welcome to the forum.

Firstly, what speeds were you estimated to get (via the BT Speed Checker)?

Are you using your connection via wired or wireless?

Also, can you do a test via the BT wholesale line checker and display the result for us. This should be done via a wired connection. Do the initial test and then progress to the "Further Diagnostics"

http://speedtest.btwholesale.com/

Many thanks

ptan

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 4 of 8

thanks I am at the point of leaving the awful Talk talk for BtT wont now though.Brother in law left a company supplying poor service even though contract.They have in fact broken the contract with the service so just leave they will threaten but do nothing because they are wrong.Just cancel you bank and then give them the same runaround they are giving you.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 5 of 8

Not paying for a service that you are in contract for can cause all sorts of issues. If you do not get the service you want put it in writing to them and send it recorded delivery.. give them a reasonable time to fix it, then if no joy ask for a deadlock letter and to be released from contract without and fines. Allow the Ombudsman service chance to fix it if you want but at least lodge a complaint so they know who may people are unhappy with BT. 

Telling anyone not to pay a bill is irresponcible no matter how bad the service is, as this can lead to all sorts of legal issues and stop you getting any further services.. BT are only breaking their contract and service if they will not or can not repair your service.

One thing to point out, you only have to search Sky forums for example to see they are also having thier own issues. But at least it is cheaper, customer service in general is better and they are trying to fix it... unlike BT who put their head in the sand!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 6 of 8

what in the name of god is hand in sand and if it's cheaper you want well nuff said wont be back here
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 7 of 8

@ireneirvine wrote:
what in the name of god is hand in sand and if it's cheaper you want well nuff said wont be back here

Smiley LOLSmiley Indifferent

What's slow about FTTC........DLM 😞
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 8 of 8

"nuff said". Did I hear the door slam. 

0 Ratings