cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 6

Worth reading this article - BT Broadband service revelation – be advised

It is worth reading this article in For Argyll.  Be interested in any official comments, from my experience with the call centre it sounds quite plausible.

BT Broadband service revelation – be advised

----
MB
----
0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Guru
Message 2 of 6

Re: Worth reading this article - BT Broadband service revelation – be advised

BT India needs to scrapped, none of them have a basic level of technical knowledge. They may as well put a robot that says restart the modem and homehub. This also concludes that having offshore call centres where English isn't there first langauge is simply frustrating for the customers. I would happily think if it was an English clerk he would have investigated the measure further because he would of actually understood what was being said to him.

If this helped you please click the Star beside my name.

If this answered your question please click "Mark as Accepted Solution" below.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 3 of 6

@ryant704 wrote:

BT India needs to scrapped, none of them have a basic level of technical knowledge. They may as well put a robot that says restart the modem and homehub. This also concludes that having offshore call centres where English isn't there first langauge is simply frustrating for the customers. I would happily think if it was an English clerk he would have investigated the measure further because he would of actually understood what was being said to him.

I'm not giving an "official" comment as I'm just a private user - retired, not ex-BT staff.

Within the past 24 hours the Indian call centre has just excelled itself and produced good results here.

The ADSL2 connection went totally wrong, disconnecting every hour or so and reducing speeds to old ADSL numbers.

The problem was fixed by 8-00 AM today, and they telephoned this afternoon to confirm with a speed check test.

Seems OK at the moment, at least.

At least someone has tried ro solve a problem. (I think I know what it was - the exchange had just connected a new BT customer nearby, as this shows up on the "Insider" program display).

Generally the Indian call centres will ty to help, but sometimes they can go off at a tangent, just like anyone else, if there's an obscure problem. They were very good with the original Home Hub 2, a few years ago. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 6

Why should a British firm pay foreign workers to read off cue cards thousands of miles away when we have a rissing unemployment problem .yeah maybe its cheaper but i would sooner have less British staff than the mockery we have now .sack them they are useless redundant rubbish .

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 5 of 6

@totalmess wrote:

Why should a British firm pay foreign workers to read off cue cards thousands of miles away when we have a rissing unemployment problem .yeah maybe its cheaper but i would sooner have less British staff than the mockery we have now .sack them they are useless redundant rubbish .

You may imagine the feeling at work overseas, supporting British manufacturing products - some of them large and advanced products.

You come across these sentiments on a daily basis.  It hurts at first, but you learn to accept the continual barracking in the end.

These sentiments work both ways. It's called trade. Some countries do certain things better than others, and we trade ideas and products. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 6 of 6

Sounds about right. When we last lost ADSL to a rural office site at work I knew something was seriously wrong when two ADSL routers on two totally seperate lines would sync and connect to the exchange, but neither would authenticate with its ISP (one BT Business, another from a different ISP, but both on BT Wholesale links) and would not connect to the internet. The rest of the village's exchange's customers had lost broadband too.

It took a lot of insisting to the ISP that there was a problem, it wasn't my kit and it wasn't the line. Finally it got sorted after days of waiting.

And 40% of an area code might be an OK target for a city/urban area, where an area code might only cover 2/3 exchanges over a tight geographical area, but out in the countryside an area code can cover quite a wide distance with many exchanges, so it's possible that it would take a lot of failures to get to the 40% mark

0 Ratings