Hi, I have the homehub 5 and am having problems with the WIFI, keeps dropping out and the range is not nearly as good as my prvious one from sky.
I would like to use my own router/modem.
1. is this possible ?
2. Where would i find the settings ?
3. Any suggestions for what router / modem to buy ?
Solved! Go to Solution.
1. is this possible ? Yes. You can use any VDSL Modem/router or a separate VDSL modem and a separate WAN router connected to it.
2. Where would i find the settings ? You need to use the username email@example.com and any password you want. Most people use BT. Most of the VDSLModem/routers are more or less plug and play but id not you will just need to enter the managment pages and enter the username etc.
3. Any suggestions for what router / modem to buy ? As above. There are a few to choose from It would depend on your needs and budget.
Hi Cheapest Is TD-W9970 and another good one is TD-W9980
Prices first one £30 ish and next one £60/£65.
I have neighbours who use the TD-W9980 and have zero problems so far.
Pls note a firmware update was needed to get BTTV to work the new router/modem was sold a few moths ago with a firmware from 2023!!!
Maplin have them in stock at £65.
Update - I bought a Netgear d7000. Pretty easy to set up. Not cheap (£140 in the sale), but i have to say, speed, relaibilty, stability and range have all massively improved.
The HomeHub 5 really is JUNK
Result pls post back after a few weeks then we can have faith in that router.
A good result for you.