cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 25

Wow quite possibly the worst customer service ever

Been with BT on infinity for just over two weeks now. My speed initially was set at 65 meg it has now dropped to 35 meg. Also get random drop outs at peak times the speed dropped to 4 meg today on speedtest.net (on a wired connection). The best part is my power brick blew on my modem a week ago. Okay so I ring BT (aka Mumbai) to arrange an engineer call out (ie replace my brick as I have diagnosed). Wait around 4 days later for him to turn up he doesn't. No phone call no text back no nothing (this is after ringing Mumbai three times to check were he was). So I ring again they have now arranged for him to turn up next week. So this is 10 days without Internet all because an engineer can't be bothered to turn up I have now diagnosed and fixed the problem myself (lucky I work in IT). Bit of a sad state of affairs when a customer has to fix there own problem. But my speeds still suck. So come on BT where is your customer spirit. After this dreadful experiance I wouldn't recommend BT to anyone.
0 Ratings
24 REPLIES 24
Aspiring Contributor
Message 2 of 25

Re: Wow quite possibly the worst customer service ever

sorry to hear of you problems but glad you got it sorted,i myself am having the exact same probs as you and engineer never turned up either for me,i.e no call nothing,its a shame they do this as upto now BT have been great with me 

0 Ratings
Expert
Message 3 of 25

You have to get you IP Profile rest only an Openreach engineer can do it, also when they come ask them if there are any errors on the line,i've had some lie and say there are no errors so that's not a given, if problems persist after the visit call them back out. The best thing i have ever done is not going direct debit with BT as they haven't had a penny from me apart from the £6 for the **bleep** router delivery and the phone bill but nothing for the Infinity2 broadband until my problem was sorted one more day to test it if all is ok tomorrow they can get paid.

0 Ratings
Moderator-Retired
Message 4 of 25

Hi niknak2000,

If you're still having problems with your connection/speed please feel free to email us via the contact form in my profile. It looks like the helpdesk has taken you through all the usual checks so there's no point us going over them again, but feel free to post a few speedtest results just for a record of what speed you're seeing on your end.

Dean
BTCare Community Mod

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.

If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 25

So after many weeks of BT service I can officially say they suck. Not one consistant day have I had with this so called service. It baffles me what im even paying for. Requested an engineer visit last week as every time it rains my speed drops off and then disconnects leading me to suspect that its a hardware fault on the line. So I call an engineer who is supposed to have fixed the problem outside the premises. Because he doesnt show up (as he is working outside my property) I can only summize that he has rectified the problem as the fault is now closed (I dont think it even was fixed). So now my speeds have dropped to half there speed again so im going through the hoopla again of contatcing BT "customer support" in india an explaining to the morons there that if they sent out an engineer he could fix the fualt far quicker than it would take to diagnose it. I really dont think these people listen. I cant wait until I have other fibre otions down here beacuse as soon as i do I will be leaving BT and encouraging others to do likewise.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Expert
Message 6 of 25

engineers are provided by openreach not your isp
0 Ratings
Beginner
Message 7 of 25

Virgin Media are just as bad.  Check ou thte VM forums.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 25

niknak2000 why not take up DeanM's offer of help the mods will take ownership of your problem until resolved they have a great reputation for resolving problems

here is there link http://bt.custhelp.com/app/contact_email/c/4951
0 Ratings
Contributor
Message 9 of 25

winco, 

from my experience only, VM customer service is light years ahead of BT. BT, and i switched recently due to circumstances beyond my control, is a joke, and not a funny one. If they were operating subject to normal market forces they'd be out of business in no time. They are not, so no incentive to improve service.

0 Ratings
Guru
Message 10 of 25

Virgin Media are just as bad.  Check ou thte VM forums.  ThinkBroadband user ratings seem to bear this out; Virgin Media consistently comes just below BT for customer service.

I usually include AOL (for benchmark badness), Zen (for benchmark goodness) and BE (for nostalgia, and as they seem best of the not too expensive providers)

http://www.thinkbroadband.com/isp/compare.html?isp_3=1&isp_4=1&isp_7=1&isp_84=1&isp_6=1&commit=Compa...

0 Ratings