Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Foiled
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 4

Wrong Early Termination Charges

Go to solution

I've given BT notice to leave, following notice that they are increasing prices from January. The email states that I can leave free of ETC if done within 30 days.

I've arranged to move to another provider, and had an automated email from BT stating I would need to pay £293 ETC

Clearly this is alarming to the customer, and phoning BT advisers doesn't give much reassurance, as they state "that's how the system works" and I have to trust them that the final bill will not include any ETCs, but they are unable to put this in writing.

Would it be possible to highlight this to the IT dept. in BT? Surely it can't be too difficult to put an automatic system in place to send out a correct email stating no ETCs when generating the leaving email. 

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: Wrong Early Termination Charges

Go to solution

It gets highlighted every time there is a price rise so I think it must "be too difficult to put an automatic system in place to send out a correct email stating no ETCs when generating the leaving email". Smiley Wink

0 Ratings
DavidM
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

Hi @Foiled and thanks for posting.

I'll be happy to take a look at this for you, just to make sure there are no incorrect charges. can you drop me over an email with your details? You'll get the contact the moderators link in my profile.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
DavidM
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

Hi Foiled,

Thanks for sending over the details. Just to clarify, you received the early termination charge email because the transfer request was received before the price rise cancellation was triggered. I understand you did speak with an advisor who incorrectly told you to contact your new provider and then let us know. We will of course provide feedback on that but just to confirm you can ignore that email.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings