cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tsebol12
Beginner
Message 1 of 39

Wrong Postcode ?

For past few days I'm trying to move my landline from BT to O2 with no success.

After contacting O2 I was told that unfortunately they cant process my order as post code in their system don't match with record kept by BT.

They advise me to call BT to get that changed. If only this would be so simple. I've spent all together aprox 7 hrs on the phone with BT and 2 more with O2. ITS IMPOSSIBLE TO GET THAT SORTED !!!!!!!! BT says that they confirmed with Openreach and that everything is correct, O2 says that their system shows that my nbr is under incorrect post code and that BT must correct it. I've got the feeling that O2 doesn't really care about their future customers and BT is not helping because they don't want to lose one. 

Any one had similar problem, how can I get it sorted ???

Thank You for any advice .

0 Ratings
38 REPLIES 38
SeanD
Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 2 of 39

Re: Wrong Postcode ?

Hi Tsebol12,

Thanks for the post and welcome to the forum.  Sorry for the delay in getting back to you and for the troubles you are having trying to get a new line with O2.

There is really nothing that we BT Retail can do to help in this scenario.  What would need to happen is O2 would need to call Openreach and query this with them, When O2 are telling you that BT have incorrect information they are referring to Openreach rather than BT Retail.  Openreach is part of the BT Group but they deal with all service providers in the same way they deal with us.  We have no special relationship with them.

I appreciate this may not be the answer you were looking for but thought I would explain this to save you wasting anymore time in trying to get BT Retail to sort this out.  Its something we cannot do.

Please go back to O2 as request they call Openreach to sort this out.

Cheers

Sean

0 Ratings
tsebol12
Beginner
Message 3 of 39

Hi Sean

Thank You for the suggestion, I already tried that. O2 respond is that because this line belonged to BT, Openreach wont even speak to them due to data protection act or something like that. I don't know if this is truth or not. On the other hand I signed contract with BT and BT only, somebody made mistake and due to that I'm prevented form changing provider. I feel that its BTs responsibility now to correct mistake or point it to the Openreach. 

0 Ratings
SeanD
Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 4 of 39

Hi Tsebol12,

Are you still with BT at the moment?  If you are then please get your details off to me.

Please drop me an email via the 'Contact Us' link in my profile. (click on my name and you will find the link under the "about me" section). Include your BT account details and the link to this thread.  Please confirm the correct details and I will see if there is anything I can do from my end.

Cheers

Sean

0 Ratings
tsebol12
Beginner
Message 5 of 39

Hi SeanD

Ive sent you email as you asked , did you look into it?

Regards

Seb

0 Ratings
StephanieG
Community Manager - Retired
Message 6 of 39

Hi Seb,

I can see your email in the queue, we will get back to you as soon as possible 🙂

Stephanie
0 Ratings
tsebol12
Beginner
Message 7 of 39

Hi

Thanks for the email guys, did you get anything back from Openreach ??

Regards

Seb

0 Ratings
CDP
Beginner
Message 8 of 39

I have the same problem. I spoke to someone at BT who eventually said that they would change it and that was 2 weeks ago and they haven't. I even told them that they could put my life in danger as if I had to call an emergency and then passed out the ambulance would not find my address from my phone number/post code.Awful service. They got it wrong in the first place.

0 Ratings
Mojo209
Beginner
Message 9 of 39

Re: Wrong Posted ?

After spending 12 hours on the phone at various times over 7 months to try to get them to correct my installation address with OpenReach ( who seem to be above common humanity as shown by the fact that as as a lowly user I cannot contact them and have to go through Bt Retail - same company just a different arm - you would have thought it would be easy! ). I have so far been told 4 times that this was in hand and the person at BT Retail would keep an eye on it, just more lies from Bt Retail as nothing has happened as usual again! Apart from the waste of time, frustration, and being very p‹‹sed off does nobody care at BT? I have spoken to supervisors and everybody down to some poor benighted soul in India and still no further forward. I also notice that the contact provided earlier has been removed - trying to push the problem under the carpet by BT? 

0 Ratings
DavidM
Message 10 of 39

Re: Wrong Posted ?

Hi CDP and Mojo209,

Welcome to the Forum and thanks for posting. I’m sure we can help with this. Can you drop me an email with the details? You’ll get the ‘contact us’ form in the about me section of my profile.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings