cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Pastcaring
Beginner
Message 1 of 12

Wrong Street cabinet fibre

Hi, upgraded to fibre now told wired to wrong Street cab but house in same street 50 feet away has fibre. Anyone know if this could happen as was working fine prior to upgrade, now no net since dec 16. Thanks for any help
0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 12

Re: Wrong Street cabinet fibre

Welcome to this user forum.

You can only be connected to one cabinet, but it could be a differnt one to the other house.

In order to find out what services and speed range you should be getting, please enter your phone number into this form.
Broadband availability checker

Please remember to edit out your phone number before you post the results.

0 Ratings
Pastcaring
Beginner
Message 3 of 12

It is available this was offered by BT as upgrade, I live in village around 300 houses only 2 cabinets, being told I am wired to wrong one, first engineer couldn't find fault thought it was ip, no solution offered other than downgrade, been thru data integrity escalated ect new hub worked fine on copper so who do you believe? What happens if wrong cabinet, thanks
0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 12

Its not possible for you to be wired to the wrong cabinet, as the external network is fixed.

See https://www.homeandwork.openreach.co.uk/help-and-support/when-can-i-get-fibre.aspx

"There is another cabinet nearby that is already accepting orders accepting orders, can I get fibre broadband from there instead? 

No, the network over which fibre broadband is provided is bespoke, and all premises are served from dedicated fixed distribution points. Many lines are connected via their own overhead or underground link to a nearby green telephony cabinet. There are no interconnections that could be used to move a line from one cabinet to another."

Its possible that the database was wrong when you ordered.

If you can please provide the information I asked for, then it will become clearer.

0 Ratings
Webby
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 12

Or it's an infill cabinet and the customer hasn't been switched over as intended.

Can you post the results for the Wholesale checker as above. Also if you could provide a postcode, that would help us look into it further.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
Pastcaring
Beginner
Message 6 of 12

Hi thanks for speedy reply, am on phone in street so cant copy paste table but shows wbcfttc as available as with all other services, served by cabinet 601, postcode wv57bs, shows up and down speeds, really appreciated
0 Ratings
Webby
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 12

Which cabinet were you told you were wired to?

It's very odd for the cabinets to have such high numbers which makes me more inclined to think this is an infil cabinet. Could you take a picture of the cabinet and post it up here for me to see?

If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
Pastcaring
Beginner
Message 8 of 12

Hi, I haven't been told anything by BT I just happened to speak with the 2 engineers but they tell different stories, so don't know cab number. There are 3 cabs 2 small 1 taller, think I'm in the smaller one, will try pic when at hotspot as poor signal on mob and now over data limits, many thanks
0 Ratings
Webby
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 12

A postcode would help too...
0 Ratings
Pastcaring
Beginner
Message 10 of 12

Ok, took pic can't see how to insert or paste on a phone, 2 cabs, 1 taller newer with the stickers on, other older with 601 and is where I spoke to engineer, cab where have been told wired to is 2. Spoke to another engineer this am, possible that wired to 2 as lot of issues when contractors fulfilled, which means any other supplier would have same issue, how would this get resolved? Many thanks
0 Ratings