Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 11

Wrong contract over the phone?

Go to solution
Hey,
around 12th September I was searching for a broadband for my new flat and decided it will be BT as the offer seemed good - 34.99 for broadband and line rental, free installation and one-off 9.99 for the hub . I tried to place an order but it kept saying something went wrong and that I can still complete my order by pressing a button. Upon pressing it would send me back starting all over again. That happened multiple times so I decided to use the chat services where I was adviced to call customer service to complete it for me. I did so and after 20 min on the phone with some (I would assume) Indian representative, it was completed. On 28th of Sept an engineer came and installed the whole thing and I was a happy chappy. On Saturday I received my first bill and I was stunned when I saw its 95 pounds or so.. There was an installation fee included that was supposed to be FREE. I used the chat feature the Indian representative could not help so she transferred me to her manager. He said the offer I am referring to is for new customers only. I answered that I AM a new customer and he replied the offer is only for online purchases and does not apply to phone call purchases. I asked him why wasn't I informed by both the chat team and the person on the phone but he couldn't give me a proper response so i emailed faults@bt.com with a forward of the two emails I got on 12th of Sept that prompted me by the system to complete my original offer, the one I wanted. I just want to know if I have even the slimmest chance to get my 50 pounds back as I've already paid? I mean, it feels like a fraud to me - No representative mentioned a thing until it was too late, the cooling period has passed and there's no going back. Now I have absolutely no clue what my actual contract is. Am I getting the bt unlimited infinity or something else? Does it cost me 34.99 or it's now 201.99? And on top of that the person on the phone butchered my name even tho I slowly spelled it and used common words for her to funny understand every single letter
S for Seattle, V for Vancouver, E for England, T for Texas etc.
0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11

Re: Wrong contract over the phone?

Go to solution

Hi @Neb Sorry that you were unable to place your order online and are unsure of the current contract you have with us.

We will be happy to help clarify your contract for you and investigate the connection charge to see if it's correct if you send us your details. You can contact us by clicking on my user name and selecting contact the mods.

Thanks
John

0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 11

Go to solution

I don't see any contact the mods link in your profile.

Screenshot (1).png

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 11

Go to solution

Hi @Neb Sorry about that. My mistake. Please try again now and it should be there for you.

Cheers

John

0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 11

Go to solution

Saw it. I will include a screenshot of the automatic mail I received from the system which clearly shows what the offer was. There's more than one.

Screenshot (2).png

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 11

Go to solution

Hi @Neb,

I called your contact numbers but missed you. I also sent you a text message before calling. 

I want you to know that I've removed the £50 charge. It has been credited to your BT account and you will see it on your next bill. We have two options available. Either I can leave it on your BT account so that it goes towards your next bill or I can arrange to have the amount sent back to your account within 5 working days after the date I send it. Which would you prefer? You can reply to my text or to me here. I'll be in the office for another 2 hours today or you can reach me on Thursday before 5.30pm.

Thanks

DanielS

Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 11

Go to solution
Hey, sorry but I was at work and could not pick up my phone. I will respond here in the forums and to the text just in case - I'd prefer to receive a refund to my bank account. Thank you for your help.
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 11

Go to solution

Hi @Neb Thanks for posting back and I'll let @DanielS know to refund the money back to your bank account.

Cheers

John

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 11

Go to solution

You are more than welcome @Neb.

Do you need my help with anything else or are you happy for me to close your complaint?

Thanks

DanielS

0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 11

Go to solution
Sorry, I don't use my phone at work. Yes, I think it's all good now.
0 Ratings