cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 4

XBOX 360 can no longer connect

My BT homehub router completely stopped working after a lightning storm a couple of weeks ago.  I got sent a new router and sent the old one back.  Plugged it in and everything worked great.

Unfortunately I started up my xbox 360 today and it can no longer connect to the router.  It is wired directly to the router.  I can't even get to the screen when it asks me to configure the network.

I have tried changing the cable, unplugging everything and plugging everything back in, switching everything on and off, resetting my xbox to factory settings.  I'm completely at a loss. 

Can anyone help?!

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: XBOX 360 can no longer connect

It could be that they have sent you a refurbished homehub. Try a factory reset of the homehub by pressing a pin into the recess on the rear for about 20 seconds. This will reset the homehubs configuration settings.

Retry connecting your xbox. If it still won't connect try connecting to a different port on the hub. If it still won't connect can you plug a laptop or your PC into the hub to ensure that the ports are OK.

Also see this post

http://community.bt.com/t5/Other-BB-Queries/Xbox-connection-problems/td-p/962190

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 3 of 4

Thank you for the suggestions, but to no avail. I just wish I could get into the configure network settings on the xbox, but it won't let me.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 4

If every other device is working OK on your homehub it could be that your xbox is faulty. Was it connected to the homehub when the lightning struck? Do you have a friend who would let you try it on their network so that you can see if is working or not.

0 Ratings