cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Mattch
Message 1 of 8

XBOX LIVE has really bad connection now?

Hey guys,

Before my wireless connection was absolutely perfect and ran without any issues but today it takes me forever to log into XBL and when (if) it connects it wont load any avatars, gamerpics, or connect me to games and partys so i can't do anything?

I have tried port forwarding it and checking many websites but have not been able to resolve this issue 😞

Any help?

-Matt

My Current Setup:

Ports

Wireless Config

uPnP is ON

Firewall is DISABLED

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
r1sh12
Expert
Message 2 of 8

Re: XBOX LIVE has really bad connection now?

Is is definately a NAT issue.
Remove all the application sharing settings and any DMZ settings you may have. Restart the cosnole and reply back.
The always use this IP address will become static so there is no need to use application game settings.
Let me know how you get on.

Update: i just noticed you wireless channel was on 1, after trying what Ive suggested above, if it doesnt work use manual channel selection and try 8.

0 Ratings
mog13
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 8

im sorry, the problem you are experiencing is what is commonly reffered to as a rubbish service provider.

i, when my internet used to work, had this problem alot and if as suggested it is a nat setting than i have come to a conclusion. As Bt homehub has no way to change nat settings i have found if you turn your hub off then on and then go into your xbox network settings and reset it to factory settings (only the network bit not the whole thing) you will get a fix 🙂

however i'll warn you, with most things BT related this is temporary and it will happen again. and again because its BT there will likely never be an official fix so you will have to do this every time it happens
0 Ratings
jimbob
Contributor
Message 4 of 8

hi,

Could there be a problem with your xbox only connecting at 1mb on the wireless. Its probley not the problem but that also cant be helping.

-------------------------------------------------
Quad Core 3.42ghz @ idle/load 29/37C (water cooler)
Northbridge 2.2ghz / HyperLink 2ghz
4gb ram gt 1.600mhz
4870x1 2gb vram vapper
wireless (free)
0 Ratings
r1sh12
Expert
Message 5 of 8

@mog13

there is no way to change the NAT settings, but giving a device a static ip address usually fixes that issue.

0 Ratings
gobbybobby
Contributor
Message 6 of 8

Naa Xbox live works Briged through a Wireless Laptop do a HH 1.0 on a .256 Meg connection. Open nat fine!

You should check the status of Xbox live. From the settings menu you should run a conenction test, it will tell you if yer Nat is open or not. it will also have in a warning box a list of issues MS of having with there amazing Xbox live system.

I am no expert. Correct me when I am wrong. Learning is good!
0 Ratings
hotlips020202
Contributor
Message 7 of 8

i messed around with application sharing and dmz once and that made my NAT strict. using the reset to factory defaults setting in xbox network settings and removing any application sharing settings and dmz settings fixed it for me. apparently using app sharing and dmz together can cause NAT to become strict.

0 Ratings
jorosh20
Message 8 of 8

its fantastic message..i am newbie hope that can learn much more.

0 Ratings