cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 9

Xbox 360 Lag Issues

Hi 

I was wondering if anyone else was having issues with there xbox 360s. I am struggling to play any on line gaming as the lag is terrible and making playing the game impossible. I have run test from my homehub to my xbox and everything is fine that side of it. I have also run a speed test and am getting 8.1mbs so this shouldnt be an issue.

Is this an issue with BT? 

Was wondering if it was just me or is anyone else having similar problems.

Cheers

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 9

Re: Xbox 360 Lag Issues

what game are you trying to play there are problems with WOW outside the BT network
The servers look like they are suffering from congestion slowing the network down
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 9

I am trying to play Bf3 

0 Ratings
NilSatisOptimum
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 9

If it was wider Bt issue I would expect alot more people here, How are you connected wired or wireless! when using Live are you or others using internet as well!  Are you Lagging all the time or at certain times, are you able ping/traceroute and post results, plus your router stats.    Do you have the choice of servers EU etc. 

Mortgage Advisor 2000-2008
Green Energy Advisor 2008-2010
Charity Health Care Provider Advisor 2010-
I'm alright Jack....
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 9

I am connected with an ethernet cable. On the odd occasion my wife will be using then internet but i have never had issues with this before. I do have the choices of diffrent servers but they all have the same results the lag is all the time, 5 days ago it was all fine then all of a sudden it has got really bad.

Cheers 

0 Ratings
lee_fife2005
Contributor
Message 6 of 9

I think it's bf3 servers, over last 2 days I've seem to get a lot of lag then disconnect. Not ruling out its not BT but ever since I've done the update and all these servers that everyone is hosting it just seems to be abit dodgy. Ive also been playing on Xbox live.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 9

There are several posts on similar problems and there is a lot of latency issues out side the BT network mainly in the USA
0 Ratings
MrFlibs
Contributor
Message 8 of 9

I'm getting the exact same issue and on the same game BF3. Although all my friends are playing it fine at the moment on the same server as me.

http://community.bt.com/t5/BB-Speed-Connection-Issues/Upload-speed-quot-pausing-quot-and-causing-dis...

My upload speed is acting kinda dodgy/not constant so i'm guessing that's the cause.

0 Ratings
lee_fife2005
Contributor
Message 9 of 9

I've been play on the US servers as suggested by a previous post and seems to be ok, I've tried other games online and seem to be no lag so I think it's just the bf3 servers.
0 Ratings