cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 151 of 405

Re: Xbox Game Pass Ultimate on BT Broadband

Same problem here! Did you ever find it?
0 Ratings
Message 152 of 405

@dazza76 no worries, thanks 🙂

The community team especially @NeilO and @DavidM have been fantastic and fingers crossed the issue is now fixed. I only wish every interaction with BT was this good! Thankyou both for your efforts today.

Bit of an off topic rant here, so apologies in advance.

I noticed today that my BT Sport price had also increased (just another thing that has turned out to "not be as agreed" when I upgraded my broadband). I called up to query it and was told the price is going up (fair enough) but this had not been communicated to me by BT already, I was not told my Sport price would lose the discount I get for being a BT broadband customer. Ok, not the end of the world but I'd have liked the option to make an informed decision rather than having my BT broadband discount slyly removed and pricing that I'd not agreed to imposed, especially when I was told something completely different (I was told only my broadband cost would change).

After getting the new price from the agent,  I politely told the him that I'd prefer to just cancel as his price isn't consistent with what I was told just a few weeks back. I explained that I don't have the time or the energy for more bother with BT. I commented off hand that this whole process has been quite fraught and littered with mistakes and problems that I've had to chase around to fix this last 4 weeks. 

The agent decided it would be a good idea to deliberately antagonise things by being rude. He constantly talked over me, argued with me and bizarrely referred to the credit's I'd had on the account for the botched install and 3 days of no service.  I was frustrated with this agents approach and that was constantly talking over me so I commented that actually if I wanted to, I'd have a good case to cancel my whole contract (not just sport) for breach as I'm being charged incorrectly for services etc, to which he mouthed off some rubbish about penalty charges said he'd cancelled my Sport and hung up.

At no point did he validate my identity with the sms challenge or do any kind of security check. The agent I spoke to when I called back confirmed this and logged a complaint. I could have been anyone and I had access to my account to remove services. Worrying. 

I'm pretty sure that's a data protection breach, that's before we get to the rude and disrespectful way I was spoken to. I hope that call was recorded as it would be a fantastic training tool to use on how "not to talk to customers" training.

I called back to raise a complaint about this unprofessional behaviour and data protection breach and was offered another £20 in credit. I get that the guy who took the complaint was just trying to help with the credit but I don't want it. My level of annoyed is far beyond the point where £20 fixes things. I've been a BT customer for nearly 30 years and this is not how I expect to be treated. The data protection breach is the icing on the cake really. 

Honestly I'd just prefer BT to

a) bill me correctly for the services I've taken  and

b) deal with me as a customer professionally and courteously.

Data protection breach, mouthing off, mocking and disrespecting a customer, talking over a customer. Wow BT..just Wow...This last 4 weeks has been an ordeal.

I just received an email notification that the complaint has been closed. This tells me how seriously this has been taken and how seriously BT takes my data protection. Not very seriously at all. I requested a call from a manager. It didn't happen.

I need to seriously consider my next steps and whether I bring my nearly 30 years as customer to an end. 

0 Ratings
Message 153 of 405

Bt couldn’t resolve it, gave me a credit on my account to purchase it from the bt store

0 Ratings
Message 154 of 405

Thank you! I’ll ask for the same. Spent hours on phone then was “disconnected”.
0 Ratings
Message 155 of 405

Hi @Muddeh,

Thank you for posting back to update the thread. 

I can understand your frustration and I'm sorry things went so badly wrong when you phoned BT to discuss your BT Sport. I can see that my colleague @DavidM is still dealing with your case and he will follow up with you again on Monday to discuss your complaint.

Thanks,

Paddy

Message 156 of 405

Update from my issue.  Last week I noticed that the Game Pass app advanced my end subscription from 09/22 to 10/22 however today the date is missing from the app all together.  Normally it's on my profile.  So this showed that something was advancing that date.  However, on the BT partner page where I can see my Game Pass subscription controlled and to be billed by BT it's still sat at 12/22 when they would take over the billing.  So again, I've only gained 4 months of free Game Pass rather than the full 12 and from what I can tell it isn't stacking.

Great to hear the admins have been helping others so I'd appreciate a message so I can get the full 12 months offer I was promised.  If not I'll pay the extra to MS directly and at least have proper control.

0 Ratings
Message 157 of 405

Thanks for taking my call today @Muddeh . I'm really glad I was able to sort this out for you. Please post again if you have any other problems and we'll be happy to help.

Happy gaming and all the best

David

Message 158 of 405

So it seems I spoke too soon. Just got my bill and there's a £10 charge on it for Game Pass....immediately below where it says I have 12 months free! See image. Can one of the mods such as @DavidM or @JohnC2  PLEASE look into this? I know seem to have 2 subscriptions to Game Pass. One free and one chargeable!Screenshot 2022-03-01 at 13.13.47.png

0 Ratings
Message 159 of 405

I had to manually cancel the subscription for the monthly one in my products that was there and DavidM was able to speak to the right folks to get the Free 12 month one added which I then took once the cancelled monthly one was gone.
0 Ratings
Message 160 of 405

@DavidM Thanks for all of your help and efforts in getting this sorted David! Much appreciated. 

0 Ratings