cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 11

Xbox One high Ping (Over 150 ms)

I was just wondering why I have such high ping for my xbox one, on everything else its under 10. It's not really a problem games dont lag but it just seemed a bit high

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 2 of 11

Re: Xbox One high Ping (Over 150 ms)

Is this a problem that has happened since the xbox live outage over christmas?

is the xbox one wireless?

I know over christmas my kidz was rather annoyed with the things that happened and xbox live going out trying to explain to a 9 year old the problem was quite interesting, Sine boxing day though i have noticed higher ping on xbox live myself but going to wired did lower it a bit

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 11

Your ping wont be 150ms, ignore what it says in the network settings. The server it uses for ping tests is in the US and says 150ms on mine too.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 4 of 11

@pcfarrar wrote:

Your ping wont be 150ms, ignore what it says in the network settings. The server it uses for ping tests is in the US and says 150ms on mine too.

Yes your ping will be 150ms as like you said your pinging an American server? So your ping result is bound to be higher than if you pinged a server closer to you and in the UK, but it doesn't make your ping wrong on the Xone?

You cant expect your ping request not to take longer to go to Seattle USA then it would to go to London UK? It's like you thinking you can drive to France and back as quick as you could drive to the end of your road and back?

The best way to compare is to go to speedtest.net then ping a server in Seattle USA and i bet the results are pretty much the same.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 5 of 11

@GeekOfBroadband wrote:

I was just wondering why I have such high ping for my xbox one, on everything else its under 10. It's not really a problem games dont lag but it just seemed a bit high

As others have previously correctly stated, the Xbox Live servers are located stateside, so a ping response like you're seeing, is perfectly normal.

If you have the game "Titanfall", then you can get a more accurate response from their dedicated servers; for expample, I generally ping the Western Europe and Northern Europe servers at around 25ms.

Annoyingly, the forum isn't allowing me to upload a screenshot, so Here's a link to the screenshot I've taken showing the ping time and hosted via PB.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 6 of 11

everyone i know with an xbox one gets 130+ms its just the network. you wont get 130ms+ every game you go on in every region.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Sage
Message 7 of 11

@rottie

Why can't you upload a screenshot like this?

2014-12-31 10_02_14-Titanfall_zpse240d990.jpg Photo by RottieUK _ Photobucket.jpg

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 8 of 11

Hi Pippin,

I tried embedding the screenshot, but the file size was too large, even though I'd reduced the JPEG quality to as low as it could go in Photoshop, so I uploaded it to my Photobucket account and linked to it from there.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Sage
Message 9 of 11

In photoshop use the "save for web" function.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 10 of 11

@pippincp wrote:

In photoshop use the "save for web" function.

Thanks. Totally forgot that was there. 😛

Most of my work is done in Illustrator, so it's rare I even fire up PS.

0 Ratings