cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SRKirk
Beginner
Message 11 of 18

Re: Xbox one X disconnection/lag over 5ghz wifi

There just going to be the one extension socket. Hopefully the speed won't be effected that much.
0 Ratings
SRKirk
Beginner
Message 12 of 18

Plus the house I'm moving into is a new build therefore wiring should all be brand new. When you say, depends how the extension socket is wired. What do you mean by this?
0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 13 of 18

@SRKirk wrote:
Plus the house I'm moving into is a new build therefore wiring should all be brand new. When you say, depends how the extension socket is wired. What do you mean by this?

In a new build, the builders usually fit extension sockets in every room, all daisy chained together. This will have a bad effect on the connection speed, so you may have to alter the wiring, or better still, fit a filtered master socket, and an RJ11 data extension cable to the home hub.

I would wait and see.

0 Ratings
XRaySpeX
Recognised Expert
Message 14 of 18

Do you know the IP or URL of your game server? Can you run a tracert to it from a command window?

Beginner
Message 15 of 18

I think may figured out what causing the disconnection issues with my Xbox one and the BT smart hub. I find that I am regulary losing my ipv6 connectivity and it involves me restarting the router to get activated again. I think when my router loses ipv6 whilst I'm gaming online this causes my Xbox to disconnect from the game.

I spoke to someone from bt over the phone and the informed me that they're having issues with ipv6 on their network, which cause ipv6 to come and go. They said they didn't have date when this issue will resloved. Does anyone have any idea of date for fixing this issue.
0 Ratings
chadders1
Contributor
Message 16 of 18

Did you get a fix for this? I am having similar issues playing Fifa 18 over the internet from the Xbox 1.
0 Ratings
SRKirk
Beginner
Message 17 of 18

Hi chadders1,

Yes and no. I contacted BT over the issue explained to them all the trouble shooting steps I went through with no success i.e - connecting the Xbox one on 5ghz band in the same room as the router etc. they transferred me to technical support and they ran tests on my line and router. Through the tests they found that my smart hub was faulty, so they are sending me another one. I should get it tomorrow, hopefully this will resolve the issue.

It will be worth you contacting them yourself and see if you can get it resolved that way. I found as temporary fix I have switched over to the 2.4ghz band until I get the new smart hub, by doing this I don't get disconnected from games but I still suffer from instances were the online game would freeze for a second or two like I had been briefly disconnected from the server. This happens around every 2hours or so.

Hope this helps chedders1
0 Ratings
SRKirk
Beginner
Message 18 of 18

Hi Chedders1,

I received my replacement router, however I still was having the same issues with disconnecting from online games. After doing various tests I came to the conclusion the issue was with my xbox one x. Therefore, I done a bit research into wifi issues with xbox one x and I found quite few people having a similiar problems to myself with their xbox one x. I have provided link to the forums covering this issue below

https://www.reddit.com/r/xboxone/comments/7di03k/xbox_one_x_has_some_serious_wifi_issues/

Here you will see that this is a common issue with the xbox one x, hopefully this is software issue rather than hardware.

Therefore, I have found a solution or work around until microsoft releases a fix, I have connected my xbox one x to a wifi extender specifically the BT 750 wifi range extender dual band, you can pick one up for £26. So at the moment my xbox is connected via ethernet to the wifi extender, therefore using the extender to receive the wifi signal. After 3 hour of playing online, I have not experience any disonnecting or lag were the game would freeze for second. The connection has been pretty good through the wifi extender so far.

I have also ran speed test and I'm happy to report the connectng via wifi extender resulted in no loss of connection speed or increase in latency/ping.

Another option you could consider are powerline adapters, however in my experience I have found them to be more of a miss than hit, because when connected I would get quite alot of variency my latency/ping and this can be  just as bad as having a high ping/latency.

However they could workout for you.

Hope this helps.

0 Ratings