cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Shaneriley
Beginner
Message 1 of 7

Xbox one connect to bt wifi with fon

To connect to bt wifi with fon through xbox one do this.connect your iphone to btwifi with fon then try to connect xbox one to bt wifi with fon,it wont connect but now all you have to do is go to advanced settings on xbox one and type in the ip address manually.to get your settings for this go back to your iphone and next to bt wifi with fon you will see an i for info.when you press this it will give you IP address subnet gateway and all the things you need to type in on your xbox one.once all put in it will work and works very well as well .
0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Devon_Dave
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 7

Re: Xbox one connect to bt wifi with fon

I would not have thought you would achieve a very high speed using btwifi. only a small portion of bandwidth is allocated as the owner of the home hub you are using takes priority.
(If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
0 Ratings
Shaneriley
Beginner
Message 3 of 7

Its actually surprising how fast it is,ive got 100% wireless signal and the download speeds im getting is 4 mbps.So far ive had no lag in any of the games.Its not faultless tho after every couple of hours or so it will disconnect.But you just connect to bt wifi with fon again on your fone and u will notice a digit has changed in the IP address,so all you do is change this accordingly and your good to go again
0 Ratings
Devon_Dave
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 7

I assume you don't have your own broadband?
(If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
0 Ratings
Shaneriley
Beginner
Message 5 of 7

Lol not at moment as moved into new home and the earliest and sky will take two weeks to come,so using my friends credentials as a quick fix
0 Ratings
Sirjordan
Beginner
Message 6 of 7

This dont work i cant find the gateway ip address or subnet i go on my bt wifi and it just says connect 😕 help
0 Ratings
DunnDavid100
Beginner
Message 7 of 7

I don't know how everyone is saying they can connect. I have connected yes, but can't play any online games. Has anyone actually been able to play online with the hotspot. I'm tired of BT to be honest, the bad reception we get in this house is so unbearable.

0 Ratings