Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

Xbox one download intermittent and slow speeds

Hi,

I have an issue with my Xbox one running very slow download speeds. I have just signed up and got BT Infinity 1 with the smart hub, all set up a week ago and generally running fine on everything from laptop, phone, ipad etc (although not reaching the minimum guranteed) generally around 25-30mbps on all devices.

My Xbox one, however, well I routinely get 1.2-2.5 mbps, occassionally will hit 10mbps and once got 30mbps, but the whole thing is so variable, I can run one check after another on my Xbox and it will go from say 8 to 1.5 to 12 to 2, up and down, up and down in the time to perform the check. I know this is the Xbox test, but it is so way down on anything else, plus the ping is in the hundreds as opposed to the 10's on everything else. Online gaming has become pointless as it will lag on and off persistently.

Xbox is currently on wireless as it is too far from the hub right now so home plugs is the only thing to consider there to make improvements, but why is it so low in comparison with anything else and why is it so variable, and what can I do to resolve it, oh yes and the NAT is strict as well. I am no teccy so am rather lost short of rebooting, I have done a load of web searching and not seen anything similar, particularly on the massive variance.

Any help?

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: Xbox one download intermittent and slow speeds

@Biotic-blue

Wireless nearly always gives poor performance, it would be best to use broadband extenders instead, or run a direct Ethernet cable.

See

http://www.shop.bt.com/mini-sites/connected-home/

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 3 of 4

There's an app I got off the android store for my mobile called WiFi Analyser - it lets you check how busy each channel is, try and set your Hub up to the channel with the least other networks on.

If you are far away from the Hub your Xbox might still be connecting to 5ghz where the range is not great. Best to split them and test both out. Failing that, a network adapter seems like the best alternative.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 4 of 4

Well, I have let the line settle, I have wired my Xbox one to the router and it just will not work, I have reset, rebooted time and again, turned off smart setup whatever advice I can find that I can understand that is and now even with wired I only get 3 Mbps down but 8 Mbps up, latency at 411 ms 0% packet loss. Online gaming is not possible I get booted regularly due to loss of connection and I can not enter the Microsoft store I just get error code 0x80072EE7 every time.

i can run a speed check on the BT app at the same time as my Xbox and get 40 Mbps on the app and 3 Mbps on the Xbox. This  smart hub is the worst thing I have ever dealt with on my Xbox, it is simply not compatible.

Any final advice I would be grateful to accepted.

0 Ratings