cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

YAHOO MAIL PROBLEMS SENDING WITH ATTACHMENTS DELAY IN RECEIVING ETC

Not sure if anyone can help out there but have had problems sending emails with attachments. I have a PC and a laptop, however lap top is not connected to printer and therefore everything that needs printing from laptop I send to my PC. Problems started the other day when trying to send attachments to print by email to my email address. Never experience the problem previously however also had problems sending test messages which were delayed by several hours. Have since gone to a company who have charged over £700 as they believe a virus attacked my pc and laptop. Two machines double whammy. Not technically minded I paid it but can anyone advise whether there has been a glitch in the system of sending mail recently as I now feel as though I have been ripped off. They've also lost a specific folder of mine which includes photos of my 3 year old when he was a baby including those just after he was born. No other copies so I think they're lost forever. Help would be appreicated. Thanks. 

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 2 of 5

Re: YAHOO MAIL PROBLEMS SENDING WITH ATTACHMENTS DELAY IN RECEIVING ETC

? Do all your forwarded emails get through ore they just delayed, and are you sending these attachments from one mail provider to another  (ie. from a domain to your BT account).

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 5

Apart from your email problem I would say you have a bigger problem if you were charged £700 to remove a "suspected" virus from your computers.  I would have said you would only need to pay a maximum of about £70 tops for each computer. If you had taken it to a well know national PC computer store they would only have charged about £50 per computer.

I would seriously think about going back to the company that charged you that and demand a break down on exactly what they did for that amount of money and demand a refund of about £600. If they refuse I would report them to trading standards.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 4 of 5

True - and I agree - but i have been told before to stay on topic \o/.

Tho I'd love to be paid that everytime i had to disinfect one of the kids/parents/neighbours devices. Hell even £50 per machine would be a bonus.

Most of the antiviral/antimalware tools you will ever need are freely available in one form or another.

Unfortunately if I were to list my favourites and provide links I'm sure a moderator would edit my post and tell me off for advertising something not belonging to BT (been there done that).

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 5 of 5

Thankyou for your comments relating to my predicament. Forgot to mention previously that when attempting to open documents attached to the email I was sending to myself I constantly recieved a message similar to "unable to connect to internet site ir2-attachymail.com". As stated in previous thread I have never experienced any problems previously. The company that "repaired" the 2 devices state that this was caused through the Cay Virus affecting both. A text document appears in my program files folder and is dated 03/06/2014. Would this have affected my devices and lay dormant for nearly a year before attempting to  damage both my pc and laptop? Sorry I know I sound nieve here but never experienced this sort of thing before and becoming increasingly frustrated by the violation which has taken place.

0 Ratings