cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 6

Yahoo Password Leak

I expected to see a discussion here about the recent leak of Yahoo passwords but there's nothing.

So no problem for BT Yahoo email accounts then?

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: Yahoo Password Leak

there has been no rush of posts about password problems and accounts being hacked.  it looks from reading the reports that it was yahoo voice

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 6

I've been victim to this 😞
Be warned if you contact BT via the live chat dont be surprised if the security details/answers could be wrong.
I'm now awaiting a call-back fro bt/yahoo team....
Kind Regards
Andy
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 6

@andylloyd wrote:
I've been victim to this 😞
Be warned if you contact BT via the live chat dont be surprised if the security details/answers could be wrong.
I'm now awaiting a call-back fro bt/yahoo team....

Hi.

Are you sure it's due to this Yahoo! leak ? There was a list posted online for the email addresses, and of the 450K only a few hundred were btinternet ones.

There are "general" hackers about that get into user accounts, probably through phising emails or possibly trojans/spyware etc.

0 Ratings
Contributor
Message 5 of 6

I was caught by this - and I've a @btinternet.com address. My email appeared on the list and the password was changed so I was unable to log in. I don't know if it was Yahoo/BT who changed the password once they'd realised I'd been hacked or if it was someone else...

There was no note on the login page to say there had been a security leak; and as my password wasn't changed until many hours after the leak I would have been able to change it myself had I known.

I tried phoning BT to seek advice but the call routing menus were a nightmare and I kept getting caught in loops. ventually I set up an online chat with someone from Yahoo who said he couldn't help me because it was not an @yahoo.com address. Eventually I managed to get a chat going with someone from BT and I got things sorted - but it was a right palaver. 

However, when I logged in this evening I was automatically rerouted to a "Thank you for changing your service" screen. There was no option not to go through this screen. And it now looks like I've been set up on a Pay As You Go account which required me to login via dial up once every 90 days to avoid having my account suspended. I don't even have a modem...

I've emailed BT about this and will see what happens next. 

Derek

0 Ratings
Aspiring Expert
Message 6 of 6

Hi Derek,

I'm awaiting a call back from the @BTCare team about this, i'm hoping that this can resolved.

I have heard that several hundred BT Customers have been hacked.

Kind Regards
Andy
0 Ratings