Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 1 of 13

Yahoo Premium Email

Go to solution

I have recently left BT Broadband. As of now, my phone line is still with BT - it switches next week. I want to keep my btinternet email address - simple, you'd think. I know about Premium mail and am happy to pay £1.54 a month for it. BUT... Will the site sign me up? It will not. I get 'problems with the account', 'page not found' etc. etc. The help pages send me all round the houses. Can some kind soul let me know if the problem is with the service, or with me, and who to contact. I really do not want to lose this address (although I know I have 90 days grace).

0 Ratings
12 REPLIES 12
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 13

Re: Yahoo Premium Email

Go to solution

Hi

I am sorry to see you are having problems with your BT Service

I suggest you contact live chat at this link they should be able to help you

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/contact/c/2902/?s_intcid=con_intban_sanda_contact_us_chat_from_forums

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 13

Go to solution

Here is some help from a forum member.

Moving from BT e-mail to Premium Mail   -  by forum member alcook101

Following moving from BT Broadband to another supplier I wanted to keep my btinternet email addresss.

Having just wasted a lot of time trying to get this sorted out, this how I got it sorted out.

THE FOLLOWING DOES NOT WORK:

1) The BT website options do not work. The web page is not set up for chrome. When using internet explorer it just came up with "problem with account" when I tried to log in.

2) Ringing 0800-633-5335 - option 3 - the operator (David) did not really know what he was doing and I got nowhere. In the usual BT way was very polite and the same time completely unhelpful.

THE FOLLOWING WORKED:

In the end I rang 0800-633-5335 option 2. I got through to someone called "Sid".

He eventually took my mobile number and rang through to another department to "downgrade" my email. This is a requirement of BT before upgrading to BT Premium email.

Sid rang me back and said it was all sorted and that the charge was £ 1.54 per month. Therefore my emails and the email address would be preserved.

He said there was a fault with the system in which a password change would be asked for. He said to ignore this - for this situation password change is not required.

Sid then said that billing would be separate and could not be included on a BT bill. Therefore bank details were required.

This didn't sound too good, however I didn't have much choice. 

When logging into my email I then got this message:

Service Change

Thank you for changing services.
With this service change, you will be receiving the following level of service:
PRODUCT LEVEL OF SERVICE

Mailbox Storage Unlimited primary, Unlimited sub

Photo Storage Unlimited

Number of Sub Accounts

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 4 of 13

Go to solution

Thank you, Keith Beddoe. Glad it wasn't just me. Will try what you suggest.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 13

Go to solution

I am just passing on information from another fourum member, which is what this community is all about. The issue of Premium mail is a common question.

Sorry to hear that you have left BT Broadband, I just hope that you get the same support elswhere.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 6 of 13

Go to solution

I too am leaving BT and although I think the BT Yahoo Mail service is no longer the quality service it was, I'm hoping to upgrade to premium to ease the transition. It won't be a permanent measure unless they improve the reliability of the service and lose the ads as it's certainly not worth £1.54 a month.

I'll give the BT link a go after I've switched to TT. If I try it now it tells me that there is a problem with the status of my account - presumably that means that you can't do it until your account has downgraded itself to basic. I want to take all my subaccounts with me - it's the only reason I'm considering this. But I have a nasty feeling it's not going to go smoothly.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 7 of 13

Go to solution

I'm still using my BT email accounts. Apparently I can't sign up for BT Premium until my account is due to be closed and you get 60 days (IIRC) from when you leave. Allegedly I should receive an email with further instructions before my accounts are killed off.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 8 of 13

Go to solution

I got an email from BT saying "We're closing some of our email services" you would think there would be someone, somewhere in BT who new something about this...? WRONG!

All I want to do is add it to my broadband, but apparently can't do this because in order to get Infinity I signed up for business broadband, and even though this comes with 11 email addresses - you can't transfer the email to a business account...why not? I pay over the odds for infinity, but it seems my only option is to pay £1.60 per month! OK so add it to my phone bill for which I already have a direct debit...NO! thats too customer centric, I need to set up a seperate direct debit for £1.60 for each of my two email addresses - so I'll have 3 direct debits to BT

I can't believe how bad this is - no-one in BT can handle my call - just been given my SEVENTH phone number to ring, but given up after queing for 24 minutes - BT you really are shocking!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 9 of 13

Go to solution

Hi

Has anyone tried to get Premium Mail recently? BT has informed me we will lose the email address in three weeks if we don't buy Premium Mail - but none of the links works and despite me spending two hours ringing the number provided no one answered. Can anyone help?

gk

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 10 of 13

Go to solution
I wish I could get hold of Sid!!! I am at my wits end trying to contact Premium Mail, I have been on hold on three separate occasions for over an hour. I managed to speak to one person who tried to set up a premium mail direct debit - which I have already done- I left it in her hands, forwarding on my BT order for premium mail, that was over a week ago - nothing since! No one answers the phone , I bet they would if I wanted to order BT Sports!!! BT are a complete disgrace, if I didn't need this email account for established contacts I would run a mile, I will NEVER return to BT in any other capacity, they are disgraceful!!!
0 Ratings