cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Yay can order fttp, but is the info that BT will pay my cancellation fee with plusnet accurate?

Go to solution

Pretty much as the title suggests really.

I was pleasantly surprised to see on Saturday night that BT now show FTTP products available to me, which was as a result of Openreach beginning to slowly start doing installs again 🙂 .

I spoke to a gent on the FTTP sales line and he said that BT would pay for my cancellation fee from plusnet after the order has gone live. All I need to do is forward a copy of the bill.

Just wondering if anyone knew if this is the case still and where I would forward this on to.

Also it seems I made a wise choice with the 500Mb package given how the SH2 is not as stable with the 910Mb package looking at other threads.

Many thanks.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Yay can order fttp, but is the info that BT will pay my cancellation fee with plusnet accurate?

Go to solution

BT will credit your account up to £300 for switching and incurring early termination fees, It only applies to line and broadband termination fees, not TV, mobile or other charges.

More info can be found Here 

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Re: Yay can order fttp, but is the info that BT will pay my cancellation fee with plusnet accurate?

Go to solution

@-Richie- 

Many thanks for that. Yeah I only have Line and Broadband, no extra added fluff 😛 and £300 is way more than enough to cover me.

Well heres me looking forward to the 2nd June and hoping I will achieve a nice steady 500 down and 73 up 🙂

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

Congrats but you probably should've gone for the 900 package . I`ve had no issues what so ever with the smart hub 2 or even 1 after having fibre 900 for month and a half. I`m pretty sure the vast majority have no issues what so ever its just that only people who've faced problems comment here. 

My speeds :  

Wired:  

WiFi: 

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

@PlocC89 Ahh, well fair enough. I was told however by the gent on the phone I could upgrade at any time without penalty.

I know its only £10, but £50 is still a sizable amount per month, so £60 off the bat for something ive never had so not sure if it is more than enough or not.

Besides if I make do for a while who knows, maybe a special deal might happen on the 900 where I might upgrade 😉

0 Ratings