Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cmdrew65
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 3

Yet another Speed Question

Hi,

I live in an area whioch does not have cable and it would seem I am a little far away from the Exchange which itself only seems to have BT equipment.

I have just come back to BT after a year with TalkTalk - they were fine but I didn't like their router (had loads of issues with my SIP phone) and I fancied trying the BT Sports.  I've only had BT for a few days now and I understand that line speed may fluctuate but given that they are using the same line/exchange/equipment as TalkTalk I can't understand why the line speed is so much worse.

With TalkTalk I was consistently getting 7MPS download and 0.8MPS upload.  With BT I now get consistently <6MPS download and 0.25MPS upload.  Just not good enough really as the BB is pretty poor anyway and even more of a reduction is really causing issues as we have NetFlix and Now TV which used to work but now keep hanging...

Any thoughts on anything I can do - should I just cancel (can I?) and go back to TalkTalk?

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: Yet another Speed Question

Hi Welcome to the community forums

Here is a basic guide to getting help from the community members done by CL Keith Please read through the link posted http://forumhelp.dyndns.info/speed/first_steps.html

once you have posted the information asked for then the community members can help you more  

cancellation will incurr substantial charges  for the outstanding period of your contract 

Thank You

This is a customer to customer self help forum the only BT presence here are the forum moderators

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 3

Re: Yet another Speed Question

if you were with TT then you were on there LLu service so it is not the same exchnage equipment as you are now on with BT.  from your information it appears that you are on adslmax as your conenction speed does not exceed 8mb

stats requested by john46 will help

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings