cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 7

Yet another parental control issue

Since the initial set up of my broadband on Thursday I have been unable to access Twitter, Facebook or instragram. It seems that I'm not alone with this problem so I'll spare the details. Any help would be gratefully received as daughters are driving me mad because they can't access their facebooks.

Many thanks
0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Message 2 of 7

Re: Yet another parental control issue

Hi Gary595,

Thanks for posting. I can look into this for you. Drop me an email with the details. You'll find the "contact us" form in the about me section of my profile. Once I have the details we'll take it from there.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 3 of 7

Ive been scrolling throught the forum and the same problems keep coming up. Moderators why are you not giving some sort of explanation on here?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 4 of 7

@soofy wrote:

Ive been scrolling throught the forum and the same problems keep coming up. Moderators why are you not giving some sort of explanation on here?

At the risk of sounding like a Moderator, it's because that's what they are: moderators. They police the forum, they will tell you that they don't work for BT and that they don't have the power/authority/whatever to actually change anything.

If you have a complaint, you need to actually complain (harder than you may think)

If you have a problem and you want a fellow user to help you solve it, ask on the forum

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 7

The moderators are BT employees, and can assist with problems.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 6 of 7

@Keith_Beddoe wrote:

The moderators are BT employees, and can assist with problems.

Thanks for the correction Keith - sorry.

In my experience, however, the real key has been the work 'can' - it should probably be replaced with 'may'.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 7

See this link and in particular the part I've copied below which goes someway to explain what the moderators "can/may" do

https://community.bt.com/t5/Announcements-Terms/Change-of-Mods-Contact-Us-link/td-p/931648

"The forum is a customer to customer environment and moderation intervention is normally reserved for back end or account specific fixes that community members will never be able to resolve, there are members of the forum who have had similar experiences to you and the wealth of knowledge on the community is valuable to all BT customers, we have a great team of community leaders who are here to help and many other users who have a whole host of knowledge between them."

0 Ratings