Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
richardpolhill
Beginner
Message 1 of 11

Yet another poor speed question.

Go to solution

I used to get something around 58Mbps on my 80Mbps line but something went wrong around July/August and I've not got anything as good as that since:

chart_1450361455.png

I'm wondering if my DSL settings are correct on my modem (Asus DSL-N66U) or if there is a problem on the copper to my house. Anyone able to advise?

Capture.JPG

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 11

Re: Yet another poor speed question.

Go to solution

can you enter your phone number and post results  remember to delete number but leave exchange and cab  https://www.btwholesale.com/includes/adsl/main.html

run btspeedtster and when first test completes then run diagnostic test and post results  must be done with wired connection 

btspeedtester

check quiet line test  dila 17070 option 2  should be quiet and best with corded phone

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
richardpolhill
Beginner
Message 3 of 11

Go to solution
Thanks. It'll have to wait until I can get my hands on a phone to plug in.
0 Ratings
pompey1898
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 11

Go to solution

Have you tried enabling G.INP ?  See here :- http://www.increasebroadbandspeed.co.uk/g.inp

imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 11

Go to solution

please for your security delete your phone number

as you are on Huawei cab then I would enable G.INP as suggested

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
richardpolhill
Beginner
Message 6 of 11

Go to solution
Ah thanks.
0 Ratings
richardpolhill
Beginner
Message 7 of 11

Go to solution

Interesting. That looks like it's improved things a chunk. Looks like 52Mbps now. Thank you.

Presumably the line will eventually resync at a higher speed and I'll get back closer to 58kbps eventually?

Capture 2.JPGCapture 3.JPG

0 Ratings
richardpolhill
Beginner
Message 8 of 11

Go to solution

Is there any way of categorically knowing which other DSL settings I should set for this line?

ANNEX? DLA? Stability Adjustment? Tx Power Control? UPBO? SRA? Share PVC? VDSL Profile or 30a or 17a?

Thanks in advance.

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 11

Go to solution

you currently now have a connection speed of 52mb with an attainable of 56mb with noise margin of 5.7db so from that I can't see where you will get more speed

you are within estimate although at bottom end

richardpolhill
Beginner
Message 10 of 11

Go to solution

Thank you.

I could try replacing the (5m) cable between the wall point and the router which might reduce soem of that noise.

But thanks for your help.

Rich

0 Ratings