Having been with BT for years, I have to say I haven't ever been as frustrated as I am now. It's the old broadband speed issue. Having read lots (and being wary of posting to be told "just do a search"!) I've collated the info I hope is necessary for your help.
ADSL line status
0 days, 22:29:22
Noise margin (Down/Up)
6.1 dB / 26.0 dB
Line attenuation (Down/Up)
28.0 dB / 17.0 dB
Output power (Down/Up)
19.8 dBm / 12.3 dBm
Loss of Framing (Local)
Loss of Signal (Local)
Loss of Power (Local)
FEC Errors (Down/Up)
41524 / 0
CRC Errors (Down/Up)
55 / 2147480000
HEC Errors (Down/Up)
nil / 0
Error Seconds (Local)
(1) I have a main Openreach socket.
(2) HH 2 is attached to another socket in the living room, linked to the main socket by an extension cable.
(3) Have been used to speeds on average 2Mbps to 4Mbps, occasionally up to near the 6 mark.
(4) The last week or so my speeds have been dire - the 453kbps above is pretty average for most times of the day.
(5) Nothing has changed in my set-up to cause this.
(6) I've done the silent line check and the line is (on a cordless phone) totally silent.
(7) Connected HH last night directly to the main socket, no difference.
(8) Have happily played online (PS3 and 360) for years, can barely load these forums at this speed!
Any ideas you lovely people?
PS Sorry if the formatting is a bit odd...
I agree with john46 and here is mod link http://bt.custhelp.com/app/contact_email/c/4951
with luck it should be sortable or at least improved but need to wait on mods
can take a few days for mods to contact you
your stats look ok but from previous figures it looked more like a throughput problem. to show that if it still is a problem you need to run and post the results from btspeedtester