cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ook
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 6

Yet more bt screw ups.... can i give up....

Well BT have FINALLY merged my acocounts (but refused to refund the fact I have payed double payment penalty fees due to their slowness) And to top it all off have now magically lost 1 bill , found another , lost another discount and replaced it with another allowing me to pay nothing for the internet but my fully paid phone bill is now "overdue" again somehow....... this is beyond laughable now , BT india screw up , The forum guys fix , Bt india screw up again , Forum guys fix BT india screw up yet again , Can i Charge BT for wasting my time to fix BT indias screw ups with my account?

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Ook
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 6

Re: Yet more bt screw ups.... can i give up....

Well nearly an HOUR of my time wasted dealing with BT's so called help (they ended by stating my bill is correct even though its not)

Pre account merge :

Phone bill : 0.00 (paid) 2nd october

Internet bill : £55.62 unpaid 30 october (unpaid cos of the farce)

Accounts "merged" on 6th nov so those 2 balances added together = £55.62? now assuming they remove the Payment penalty and reduce the internet by 1 month to bring it in line with my phone that leaves £30 . Bts bill? £3.65

Yes im arguing such a low bill as well all know when BT screw up they dont take responsibility , They demand additional money from ourself , And ignore the rest so i've saved the conversation telling me my bills correct . And if Bt now decides to charge me extra as we all know they will should i charge bt for my time lol as their staff have been given multiple chances to rectify the error and seem to be refusing,

0 Ratings
SimonPhillips
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 6

The only way to register your protests against this bungling monolith is to investigate any deals from other suppliers out there and to switch.  I have recently done so, the process was very easy and simple, I save over 20 pounds a month and all contact is via a UK call centre. AND by broadband is much faster.

0 Ratings
Ook
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 6

soon as this contracts up im gone , so much dishonesty now its laughable , i renewed in august when it turns out BT staff were fully aware of the impending price hikes yet not one mention was made during the renewals process , And no to adjust my bill and screw it up , lose an upgrade arranged by one of the mods (craigS) and some how mathematically lose around £29 into thin air and then argue with the customer questioning it telling them they are confused is just .........

Im now holding to the fact I have given BT THREE chances to retify my bill

Chance 1: No reply (email which stated reply within 24 hours) sent on the 10th

Chance 2: No reply (second email sent again stating reply to be recieved within 24 hours) sent on the 12th

Chance 3: Live help (which told me my bills correct and they understand account merged bills can be confusing)

Im still betting bt will eventually find the screw up and blame me even though ive wasted my time trying to educate staff who seem to have numeracy issues and can magically some how turn a bill of £55 and the odd for 3 months into £3.65 for 2 months.......

0 Ratings
Community Manager - Retired
Message 5 of 6

Hi Ook,

I have replied to your email, get back to me when you can.

Thanks,

Stephanie
0 Ratings
Ook
Aspiring Expert
Message 6 of 6

thanks I have replied ,

in short the confusion is how a bill of £55 and the odd when amended by 1 month (paying 2 months instead of 3 internet to bring it into line) can see a bill reduced from said £55 and the odd down to £3 and the odd.

0 Ratings