As I type this I am getting a mixture of speeds and latency ranging from 0.01Mbs up to a staggering 1.5Mbs and anything up to a ping of 555.
This has been ongoing over the past two weeks and seems to be worse but not limited tot he weekends. Looking over my OOKLA speed test results form the past weeks it was poor around the 21st and again today on the 29th.
I can achieve up to 14Mbs - 15Mbs as it hit this on the 22nd but it's not stable, any ideas?
I rang suupport and got a rathert charming Indian call centre that basically took half an hour of my time to re-boot the router, a task I could have done on my own...
Apparently rebooting the router makes it worse. A quick browse of this forum shows these are not isolated incidents...... I've gone from 19Mbps to 9Mbps and my router is making it worse.
Welcome to this customer to customer forum.
To enable forum members to help you, please could you look at "ADSL speed and connection issues" on the the web page below, which asks you to do a few checks first, and has some helpful hints.
When you have done that, please follow the instructions at the end of that section, and post the results here, so members can offer advice. Thank you.
I did think as I did it maybe not the smartest idea, as I'm guessing these days it's picked up as a line fault and they throttle the bandwidth!
Keith, I can't even use your BT speed tester as it keeps bombing out as the line is so unstable and speeds so low. I will try and check it again before the end of the evening but I wish to escalate this problem.
I do not wish to talk to some call centre India that will tell me to re-boot my router.
Are you using a wireless connection or Ethernet connection?
Your actual ADSL connection is fine, so there must be another factor in play.
HTTP Status 500 -
type Exception report
description The server encountered an internal error () that prevented it from fulfilling this request.
java.lang.IllegalStateException: Cannot forward after response has been committed org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.doForward(RequestProcessor.java:1078) org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.processForwardConfig(RequestProcessor.java:396) org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.process(RequestProcessor.java:232) org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.process(ActionServlet.java:1913) org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.doPost(ActionServlet.java:462) javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:710) javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:803)
note The full stack trace of the root cause is available in the Apache Tomcat/6.0.16 logs.